• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from the hospital - looks like I need to have a hernia op
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I suppose CM/Churchill are travelling down to London......
      Weren't they getting the early, early, early, train... they may even be "here" by now.... and off to The Eye or wherever they picked.....

Morning Brillo
      Morning Voodoo on reaching Godlike Status!!!!
      Morning CM non-platonic non-platonic non-platonic
      (as Churchill isn't here )
      Morning Churchy (as you won't be reading this!!!)
      Morning All and Sundry

Comment

Morning all

Another day in permiedom

I can't see me keeping this up much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Morning all

Another day in permiedom

I can't see me keeping this up much longer.
          Find something nice to do for yourself, retreat into your own world as much as possible. It works for me sometimes, moving to a new dept myself soon, can't wait. I am in a contract. Think about giving yourself an end date, plan your escape, do a side project. Be active don't let it get you down.

Things have picked up a bit on Jobserve, but not the rates.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Hmm... Damian Powell's response looks like it's approaching it from a similar direction to mine, in the sense of suspecting leakiness of the abstraction, but viewed from the perspective of having a rough idea of how .NET actually works these days (unlike me ).
            Yep, Damian (a splendid fellow I have had the good fortune to work with on several oocasions) and yourself may be on to something there, and presenting the data as entities rather than raw tables (another shortcut I want to address in the next version) might expose such an abstraction issue within the context of a remote WCF method invocation.

I must admit that although, if I was in your position, I'd be willing to settle for getting it working for now, I'd also be very tempted by that Service Trace Viewer and the stuff about finding silent data binding errors that Kieron posted - I love tracing the leak (or lack thereof) in abstractions, if there's time.

I suspect you're thinking along the same lines, if you can find the time
            Absolutely, the app will go live (early next week) with Remoting for now, but my inner geek needs to know why it doesn't work with WCF. My money is on some silent data binding error, so it may be time to fire up Lutz Roeder's Reflector (an awesome utility) to try and figure out what's going on under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              post 24000

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                Just back from the hospital - looks like I need to have a hernia op

Oh Dear(tm)... sorry to hear that...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Is it one of those model specific radios?

Could be a right royal pain, if so...
                  Fortunately not, but as it's a double slot I'm tempted to have a go at fitting something bespoke based aournd a mini-itx motherboard with a 7" touchscreen

There's then potential for GPS, media, and perhaps even some form of engine diagnostic display.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    Morning Voodoo on reaching Godlike Status!!!!
                    Cheers Drew

Comment

Think I may have some interesting leads on my question on Stack Overflow. I have a working solution now anway, but I had to resort to Remoting rather than using Windows Communication Foundation.

Hmm... Damian Powell's response looks like it's approaching it from a similar direction to mine, in the sense of suspecting leakiness of the abstraction, but viewed from the perspective of having a rough idea of how .NET actually works these days (unlike me ).

I must admit that although, if I was in your position, I'd be willing to settle for getting it working for now, I'd also be very tempted by that Service Trace Viewer and the stuff about finding silent data binding errors that Kieron posted - I love tracing the leak (or lack thereof) in abstractions, if there's time.

I suspect you're thinking along the same lines, if you can find the time

Yep, Damian (a splendid fellow I have had the good fortune to work with on several oocasions) and yourself may be on to something there, and presenting the data as entities rather than raw tables (another shortcut I want to address in the next version) might expose such an abstraction issue within the context of a remote WCF method invocation.

Absolutely, the app will go live (early next week) with Remoting for now, but my inner geek needs to know why it doesn't work with WCF. My money is on some silent data binding error, so it may be time to fire up Lutz Roeder's Reflector (an awesome utility) to try and figure out what's going on under the hood.

Comment

Working...
                      X