• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time to go and play!

Comment

Morning all...

I trust the lustee got up to no good in Scotland, last night...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        The rest of that day was a strange and wonderful time, full of many happy and/or peculiar occurrences. Sometime I shall tell that tale, and all who hear shall marvel

In the meantime:

...and off we go

Wot an interesting life you've had...

I'm jealous.

Comment

Since they're turning off the analogue tv signal on August 12th... (so we can all go out & kill stuff instead, I suppose), I purchased a Grundig Freesat box & an rf modulator thingie from Maplin.

Imagine my deep & abiding joy when I discovered that entering channel numbers on the remote keypad of the Grundig box makes the ancient Sharp analogue tv select channel 0... the VCR channel.

I well remember the last Grundig remote that I had did much the same sort of thing to the Finlux tv it was connected to.

Even better, turning the volume up on the tv made the video go into fast rewind.

Haven't seen this sort of interaction in many yonks... fortunately all it required was tuning channel 0 to the rf modulator thingie & it is no longer a problem.

Ho hum.

Comment

WOW - Tumble weed from 9:30.......

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              WOW - Tumble weed from 9:30.......
              ...447..... lets see if I drivel for 53 posts...

Comment

...447..... lets see if I drivel for 53 posts...
                ... I could get my first century....

Comment

... I could get my first century....
                  ... but I bet DaveB or Brillo.. or someone will...

Comment

... but I bet DaveB or Brillo.. or someone will...
                    ... poach it at the last minute.....

Comment

... poach it at the last minute.....
                      So having got a 1/2 century... I will leave it there....

I know a 1/2 century won't mean anything to you experienced TPD'ers but to a novice like me - I have to be grateful for small "wins".....

plus I have got to take Littlest Drewsterette to a party in a few minutes...... and she won't forgive me if we are late....
                      To be honest "I was talking to myself on TPD" might not seem quite such a good excuse if she misses out on cake oe Pass the Parcel or somesuch.....

Bye all...... well Bye Bye Lurkers I guess..........

Oh and Hello to the next poster....... when ever that'll be......

Comment

Working...
                      X