• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Today's Computer Weekly has 3 job ads in it.

How can they stay in business?
    Electronics Times died about 3 years ago...

Electronics Weekly is now very thin indeed...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

super hectic at clientco today....
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        time for a deep thought process involving butter and bananas.
        That post kept me distracted for a while...
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

super hectic at clientco today....
          That's not fair on a sunny Friday.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            What sort of thing do you get?

How about a controller for an automatic-bonking-machine-for-lonely-ladies?
            Nothing of any great consequence...

There's a little pcb with a PIC, a 7 segment LED display, and two switches (one green, one black) on it...
            1. Remove errors from supplied asm program (they're all simple syntax errors)
            2. Make the display speed up when you press the green button
            3. Make the display say "HELP"
            4. Make the display show 0,1,2,3,... F
            5. Make the display show 0,1,2,...F but reverse to show F,E,D...0 when black button is pressed

All highly complex stuff.

My model answers use techniques that the kiddies haven't even dreamed of...

Their submissions are all extremely simplistic, and basically the minimum required to get a bare pass.

I've never seen anything worthy of a distinction, apart from one chap who actually had an interest...

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Electronics Times died about 3 years ago...

Electronics Weekly is now very thin indeed...
              I haven't seen PC Week for a while. Nor PC LAN. Nor IT Contracts. Nor IT Consultant. Nor Contracting Today. Nor Computer Personnel. Nor Computer Contractor. Nor Computer Consultant.

But I really miss Freelance Informer.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                1. Remove errors from supplied asm program (they're all simple syntax errors)
                2. Make the display speed up when you press the green button
                3. Make the display say "HELP"
                4. Make the display show 0,1,2,3,... F
                5. Make the display show 0,1,2,...F but reverse to show F,E,D...0 when black button is pressed
                Now you've found that list button you're making regular use of it I see

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  You're a bit early for the century Bunk - you've blown your cover!
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                    have you ever danced, naked, in the rain?
                    I had a gf who had a fantasy about having sexual congress whilst rolling about in a swath of bluebells.

Trouble is, it's a bit cold outside when the bluebells are out.

Comment

]
                      Originally posted by Bunk View Post

• Indeed
                      • I
                      • Find
                      • It
                      • Most
                      • Useful
                      • However
                      • Did
                      • I
                      • manage
                      • without
                      • it?