• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    actually get round to playing a game with DS1 once we finish his game board this weekend.
    My game board is either:

the dark green sheet my mother game me as part of a set of bedding when I left home that I use as a dust sheet when decorating

or

a 6 foot by 8 foot roll of brown paper coated with spiky green hair I got from somewhere which moults green hair something rotten.

My usual approach at home is to use the big dining table. I make some piles of books and throw the sheet over. I've got some "underground habitation" which consists of cardboard tubes cut lengthwise at an angle. Some concrete buildings were made from weird-shaped polystyrene packing material.

I've got some ruins that come from the boxed sets.

I've got painted corks for shrubbery. Boiled and painted champagne corks make good stumpy tree-like things.

Dismantled Biros and broken bits from my train set make good 'industrial litter'.

I also have loads of little defensive thingies made from sprue struts glued together.

I really resent paying for scenery.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Games Workshop are buggers for that, aren't they?

Then there'll be the Codex updates...

Then there'll be the heavy armour updates ...

Then there'll be the Battle for Wombat's Knob XII rule book ...

It's as bad as golf or crack cocaine.
      Aye, for a bunch of geeks they're very shrewd businessmen. Picking up a new Imperial Guard Codex today actually. I've already paid for the stuff I'm picking up, but no doubt my wallet will be out again before I leave the shop...
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        I've got quite a backlog of stuff to build at the moment, and that's not including the stuff I need to pick up from the shop today.
        I have a self-imposed embargo on buying any more models.

I have got to that point where I have too much unpainted and so have got stuck and stopped painting. Not good.

Do you follow Larry Leadhead? A useful site but especially for the cartoons. Far too true, too often.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I really resent paying for scenery.
          Same here - we have a couple of 4 foot by 4 foot MDF boards that we're currently "improvising" upon with copious amounts of polystyrene and polyfiller. The only thing we have bought are a couple of those green "grass effect" mats.

One of our boards features a river which is proving to be an interesting feaature. Textured paint and clear varnish will hopefully do the trick.

Comment

Is it time for a beer yet?

Comment

Do you follow Larry Leadhead?
              I do now

Comment

Is it time for a beer yet?
                I've just this minute had to turn down an invitation to my favourite pub on this planet for lunch

And no, I don't have a good enough excuse...

And I don't have experience of pubs on other planets either.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

How are you?
                  Fine, thank you.

When I had my chest X-Ray yesterday, a I was leaving I saw the Radiographer in the next room looking at the wall. I plucked up the courage to wander over and ask "Is that mine?"

She showed me my chest X-Ray.

Wow! It was a chest X-Ray! Just like everyone else's!

I don't know why, but I did not expect that.

She then said:

"Obviously this now goes off for proper analysis, but I can tell you now, there's nothing obvious on there to worry about."

That made me feel all sort of nice inside.

Comment

"Obviously this now goes off for proper analysis, but I can tell you now, there's nothing obvious on there to worry about."
                    That's great news and very reassuring

Comment

That made me feel all sort of nice inside.
                      I had wondered.

I have got through between 180,000 to 285,000 cigarettes in my time (the higher number being more honest) and last had a chest X-Ray when I was 16 so I have often wondered...

Comment

Working...
                      X