• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In other news... er... um... actually I don't think I have any
    That would be great, wouldn't it?

"Hello, good evening and here is the news. Nothing much happened today, so here are 25 minutes of Tom & Jerry cartoons instead. Good night."
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Provided they were the proper Fred Quimby cartoons and not that Hannah Barbara rubbish.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        More importantly, I've been reminded of why it's probably best not bothering to own an umbrella: if it rains when you don't have it with you, then you get annoyed with yourself for not bringing it, even though there are probably lots of much more important things you could be getting annoyed with yourself over; but if you bring it and it doesn't rain, then you just have another thing to cart about that you don't need, and you probably leave it somewhere, and have to go back and ask if it's been handed in.
        Most unusually for you, NickFitz, you miss the point.

By carrying an umbrella and wearing a coat, you guarantee it will not rain.

An umbrella's secondary purpose is to deflect rain. It is clear that is a secondary purpose as it is rubbish at the job.

It's primary purpose - like a lightning conductor - is to control the weather and make it do the opposite of what the object was seemingly manufactured to do.

Comment

Good morning, everybodypeeps!

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            Blimey. It looks like I got some serious posting done over the last couple of days.
            I must slow down. I'm supposed to be finding a gig, not drivelling all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Morning all
              Good morning to you, Scourer.

Comment

Anyway, I have to go out today.

Hospital appointment.

Chest X-ray.

The vet is not too pleased with this persistent cough I have.

Mrs BI isn't either: it wakes her up.

I don't know why they're worried. It's only been going on for a couple of months...

Comment

The hospital is one of those spread over an immense site.

The Nurse gave me directions: they will be utterly useless.

"Been here before? Where did you go? That's no use. Well don't come in that entrance, then go left, not when you come in but after, then at the roundabout take the second exit on the right but not at the first roundabout and then at the bus stop turn left past the second building but you can never park there so if it is full instead of turning at the bus stop turn after it and there's parking down there and we're in the cream coloured building behind the main block with the blue door. Can't miss it. And don't follow the signs for Radiology because we're not that Radiology."

Hmm. Would that be the same cream colour that THE ENTIRE ******* SITE has been painted? And the same blue that every door, skirting board and window frame has been painted?

Comment

Morning drivellers
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      meh.

Work is awful - I'm considering breaking my leg so that I can leave, as I can't give notice.

There is naff all to do, but I have no email, phone, or internet access during the day, so have no distractions. And I dislike the client as well - it's not at all what I signed up for.

But, I'm going on holiday next Friday, so only 6 more working days to go....
                      Sorry to hear that FaQ - how long have you got left there after you get back from holiday?

No email, phone or internet? Are they in the dark ages?
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X