• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a pair of lunes drilling a fecking big long hole in the elektrickery substation outside...

I do so hope they know what the feck they're doing...

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      I was going to query the units in 48kw ...

... so I look "GA160-220" up in Google to see what technology it used for its RAM. Ferrous rings? Mercury delay lines? What might there be burning up power? ...

... and get you posting about it on here!
      16-220 used ram so far as I can remember... dunno if it was dynamic or static and it had a custom microprocessor that ran the GA 16 instruction set.

Apart from the CARG and CARGM instructions which I think it trapped and firkled about with.

The earlier SPC16 used magnetic core memory.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        ... to watching movies like TRON which showed women as computer scientists & programmers and WarGames where they can be hacking 'n' phreaking computer students ...
        My inner geek drew my attention immediately to the word "TRON" in that post. I only heard recently that a sequel is in production.

All of my working environments have been predominantly male oriented, apart from one gig where the ClientCco ran a bureau service.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Why do they call her "Lassie"?

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... etc.

You had to have watched the film...
          I'll ask the kids to explain that to me tonight

Comment

Two more days until I see the new Star Trek film

Comment

And amazingly enough, here's the schematic for it...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/1032530/Te...-GA16220-schem

Comment

One of my mates who is coming along with us couldn't wait any longer and has succombed to seeing it this evening as well.

Comment

The lights are flickeriing a lot...

Comment

Crikey, at this rate we'll be at another century before we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      Crikey, at this rate we'll be at another century before we know it.
                      past

Comment

Working...
                      X