• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Good Morning !
    Morning

How are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Greetings BI!

Morning all!

Morning CM!

How are you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

How are you?
        I'm grand.

What's all this "Regional" Perrin bollox? Am I missing an "in" joke?

Btw, are you attending this piss-up in Richmond?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Morning all
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Greetings BI!
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              Good Morning !

Comment

Morning all

Fashion tips for Swansea, as seen yesterday...

Sandals.

With bright red socks.

Class.

Comment

So, the net was still down this morning....

Feeling unusually proactive (i.e. remarkably pissed off), I decided to do some first line maintenance...

So I got my high chair, climbed up on it so that I could reach the mains switch on the router thingie on the wall.

Switched it off.

Switched it back on again...

And Voila!

We's back.

I think I'll have to do that to the photocopier too.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    Is that solving the right problem?

Do you need to be taking the time and converting it into angles and degrees of movement.

How about something as simple as some photoresistors (or some other light-sensitive devices) arranged in a grid behind a curved 'screen' with a hole in that is attached to a moveable solar panel. You just need to move the panel so that the photo-thingy producing the most current is the centre-most one.

If none are above a certain level, do not move the panel at all.

Then, on dark cloudy days (and night) the panel does not get moved, thereby saving energy.

I reckon the power from the panel should be used as its own motive force too (except perhaps with a small rechargeable to move the panel back to East each morning).

How's that? No clock, no timing circuits, no trying to remember which is latitude and longitude and no SohCahToa algebra.

Then flog the design to 3rd world development agencies for wodges of money.

Next?

It's probably the simplest way of doing it... the time & date are in the rtc and from that you can work out the required azimuth & elevation... all in GMT of course, none of this BST nonsense.

Or you'd be out by an hour. And about 15 degrees.

Comment

Morning drivellers
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X