• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    thankyou VF from IE8

why is it that with each new release the toolbar gets bigger and bigger leaving a smaller and smaller window for actually viewing the damn page!?!?!?
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Gameplay or graphically? Multi-player was good fun I recall.
      One of my friends built a pretty accurate model of our high school in DN3d. We spent many hours happily running around shooting each other

I suspect that kind of thing would be frowned upon these days but honestly, the thought of doing something like that for real never entered our heads. That's why I'm convinced that games or movies are never the sole cause of things like the Columbine massacre; there has to be something wrong in their head in the first place.

Comment

Gosh.

IE7 and IE8 won't run on Win2k...

Wot a surprise.

I'm sure I found that out previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          One of my friends built a pretty accurate model of our high school in DN3d. We spent many hours happily running around shooting each other

I suspect that kind of thing would be frowned upon these days but honestly, the thought of doing something like that for real never entered our heads. That's why I'm convinced that games or movies are never the sole cause of things like the Columbine massacre; there has to be something wrong in their head in the first place.
          Totally agree.... movies are fantasy not reality. If a persons mind can't separate that then there is something wrong

I have a lot of what I call "Ally McBeal" moments - where I might poke someone in the eye with a red hot poker (for instance) but it'd never happen in reality. Stuff like that keeps me sane
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

We did a similar thing by mocking up a floor layout at a former ClientCo many years back. Think we used Doom II for that though.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              IE7 and IE8 won't run on Win2k...
              That's a bit recent for you isn't it?
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                I have a lot of what I call "Ally McBeal" moments - where I might poke someone in the eye with a red hot poker (for instance) but it'd never happen in reality. Stuff like that keeps me sane

So if you seem to be in your own little world while you're talking to us we should probably start to worry?

Comment

So if you seem to be in your own little world while you're talking to us we should probably start to worry?
                  Don't worry Bunk - in the spirit of TPD love and peace, I'd never do it to you lot

When I am in General however ......
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Don't worry Bunk - in the spirit of TPD love and peace, I'd never do it to you lot

When I am in General however ......
                    Watch that blood pressure!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Watch that blood pressure!
                      All calm now
                      Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                      X