• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    a pali is very not odd
    Currently... in a little while they'll be even again...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Ah.

The relief.

It hasn't screwed up any PALIs or 00s or 000s or 0000s...
      What are the rules on newbies moving the 00, 000, or 0000s? Does the original winner have to give them back?

Comment

Nah.

If it wasn't there when the award was made, why should it make a difference later?

It screws up Nick's statistics though...

Comment

Nah.

If it wasn't there when the award was made, why should it make a difference later?

It screws up Nick's statistics though...
          Don't worry, the chimp will figure something out, I'm sure of that.

Comment

I'm finishing early to go & tax the car...

Deep joy...

Byeeee

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              Now it's time to go to hospital for an ECG and to have a continuous blood pressure monitor machine strapped / glued / nailed to my person.
              So I've just come back, with a blood pressure monitor velcro & rubbery sheet thing attached to my arm. (The sweat rash has already begun...)

So while there he tests the monitor. "Here for low blood pressure, yes?"
              "No, high blood pressure."

He checks it again. He reads the letter from my GP.

He goes and gets a normal mercury blood pressure thingy. He reads my blood pressure. "It is too low."

Anyway, we've come home. The gadget beeped and took my blood pressure ... something over 60-something (I can't read it very well with it strapped to me) = too low. WTF?

So I used the blood pressure onitor we bought from the chemist (which gives the same readings as the GP gets) ... too high, 120 over 92. WTF?

This isn't looking worthwhile...
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

When we couldn't get the zigbee stuff to do much, she took the kit home & eventually got it to work at 4 a.m. by downloading some sort of configuration thingie from the website.
                Clearly too much humgromit on the floggletoggle.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Cup of tea and a biscuit, that's what you need.
                  If you need help, it is here.

Warning: put an hour aside before clicking on the link.

Comment

This sums up why I hate Oracle

Uninstall should mean "remove all trace" and not require endless f**king about with regedit.
                    Before installing anything on my own machines I decide: do I do a full backup first, or a full restore first?

For backups I take a disc image. When I want to uninstall anything, I don't anymore, I do an incremental backup (two of), an image restore, an incremental backup restore. It is usually far, far quicker than trying to uninstall something.

When installing something, I just need to decide whether to clean the machine back to the last image, or whether to take a fresh image, before the installation.

Comment

Got a WebEx meeting thing in a couple of minutes to faciliate the dumping of more code on us by the former parent company of ClientCo.
                      This particular system is a mixture of Visual Babysick and C++ circa Visual Studio 6. Oh joy.
                      Well, that was painful. Far too much copying and editing of files for my liking.
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X