• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I'm

I'd be bloody impressed if Churchill had kids. He's almost as big as Arnie.
    If I was CM, I wouldn't want kids with Churchy. He's fu*&king huge... they are going to hurt!!

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Would you like to be
      Hi Diver... realise I have probably missed you now, but I hope everything is going well!

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Why tantrum? I fail to see a problem.
        BI, I am sure you can appreciate it is only easy to be this pragmatic when you are not personally involved in the situation.

I w*rk with another contractor, who is allegedly by supervisor (no such position exists, as I am a contractor - I answer to the person signing my contract!), who is a complete liability.

I regularly have to write process & procedure to be followed in order to keep a production critical application running, because he feels free to go in and tinker. I have even had to resort to writing scripts and applications to catch him changing code on production boxes (outside of change control).

Now, I could just say "I'm paid to do it properly, and paid again to fix it when he breaks it." True. But it is bloody frustrating that these people don't follow common sense and good practice.

The reason he gets away with it: he's an ass kiss, and the boss likes his ass kissing. What more can be said. (And for the record it isn't just me that feels like this about this individual, people from multiple departments are the same; and I suspect VF may have even noticed!).

</rant>

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I am back from church.
          Church? You've mentioned that a couple of times BP - assuming you bother going back this far to catch up tomorrow....

... what type? CoE / RC? Your choice, or Mrs BP? Are you a believer?

(all of the above is asked in the spirit of "finding out," and not in any way about ridicule or any such petty behaviour). I will declare my status in return!

Comment

Having now caught up - it does appear I am alone.

Anyone out there?

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
              Having now caught up - it does appear I am alone.

Anyone out there?
              It rather appears not. How sad.

Comment

It rather appears not. How sad.
                But to be within 12 posts of a century and on my own....

Comment

But to be within 12 posts of a century and on my own....
                  ... well, it'd be rude not too.

Comment

... well, it'd be rude not too.
                    Especially with VF tucked up safely for the night.

Comment

Especially with VF tucked up safely for the night.
                      Its like an open, unattended goal....

Comment

Working...
                      X