• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    That's a pain... even worse than being in a room next door to a snorer...
    usually. the worst was this place i stayed in a few months ago. the thinest of thin paper walls. there was me snug as a bug and fast away when i 'm woken by key in lock and bang of door...

Comment

i turn over, grab watch and squint at time: 03.30. argh. turn over to sleep agan... and then crash, bang, wallop, screech, bang, knock, scrape, creak, bang, shower......... creak, bang, crash.. etc.

Comment

at 04.00 the noise is worse - i mean, seriously sounds like whoever it is is re-arranging the entire room. i cough loudly and then very loudly <no reaction> bang, crash, scrape, drawers open and shut, door open and shut, chairs moved etc. continues.

Comment

04.15 and still more noise than you could conceive. i live in hotels - and this is not normal noise and certainly not at 4 in the morning... i shout "what the feck are you doing? - there are people trying to sleep here!"

Comment

banging, crashing, scraping and walloping continues unabated until 04.35. then... silence

Comment

i breath a huge sigh, fluff up my pillow and lay my weary head down.

Comment

at 04.38 i hear a snort, snuffle and cough.

Comment

followed by an earth shaking snore.

Comment

i'm used to loud snoring. my mother and grandmother could win snoring championships. i mean - real, real loud. but they snore rhythmical - easy to sleep to. this chap was on some kind of free jazz snoring trip.

Comment

his head was inches from mine through the paper wall... at 5.15 i lost it.

Comment

Working...
                      X