• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    FYI: an orangutan is not the same thing as Sarah Jessica Parker
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Does your cellar suffer much in the way of flooding?
      It would if there was no pump

Every other house in the road suffers from it, and unfortunately we live in an odd-numbered house - next door is fine.

There is a hole in the cellar floor, through which the water backs up. So I have a pump in the hole with a float, so that when it gets too much it pumps it up the hose pipe in the wall, out through the garden and into the road in front of the house.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
        I want a house with a Cellar... they make excellent Man Rooms. Like Yorkies: Not for Girls.
        That was my dream - the builder told me that it would be warm and dry, and could be carpeted. It was going to be my games room....

And then it flooded, builder disappeared, and left it in a mess.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Who's got it ?

I've heard its easy to put down, just comes on a roll and you tile over the top.

Anyone know the best (cheapest) place to buy from ?
          I've got it in the bathroom. Seemed dead easy to put down, but "my people" did that for me. We bought the heat mat from the tile shop near us (plumber gets a discount there, so I just went in and asked for "Pete's discount"!) and he got the thermostat from the plumbing trade supplies place (PTS).

Good for taking the edge off the floor, but not really for heating the whole room, but we have it set reasonably low (25 degrees!)
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I would love to be rid of ours - but we aren't on mains gas, and I haven't yet looked into whether we can get a hob which runs on LPG?
            My parents village wasn't on mains gas for years.

We had a work colleague of my mum's come up at one stage, who said "oh, it's chilly tonight - you'll have to turn the gas up". My sister said "oh, we don't have gas, we're on oil".

Smug git turned round and said "You don't have gas?!? They have gas in Ethiopia!"

My (less than subtle, but quick-witted) sister responded "Yes, but we've got food, though" which fair shut him up.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Invoicing and accounts
              I also have this to do. The first part will get done today. The latter may not get done until next week now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                My parents village wasn't on mains gas for years.

We had a work colleague of my mum's come up at one stage, who said "oh, it's chilly tonight - you'll have to turn the gas up". My sister said "oh, we don't have gas, we're on oil".

Smug git turned round and said "You don't have gas?!? They have gas in Ethiopia!"

My (less than subtle, but quick-witted) sister responded "Yes, but we've got food, though" which fair shut him up.
                My parents have oil - in fact they only got central heating when I moved out so 1994/95 ish.... before that it was whatever heat the solid fuel fires in the kitchen and living room spat out...

The mains gas only made it to our road last summer
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  That was my dream - the builder told me that it would be warm and dry, and could be carpeted. It was going to be my games room....

And then it flooded, builder disappeared, and left it in a mess.
                  My friend had his tanked professionally and it worked a dream - but it was very very expensive. It was an amazing place though - three rooms of man stuff. Brill.

He foolishly thought it would add value to his house. What it did, I suspect, is stop it by falling so much.

He had no choice to sell it last year anyway as part of the divorce. A very bad year for him.

Comment

I also have this to do. The first part will get done today. The latter may not get done until next week now.
                    It will only sting you in the end. I need to email my spreadsheet to the accountant and get MrsF to take him the accounts folder this week.

HMRC are offering better interest on early payment than my reserve account at the moment, so I may as well get it in early!
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Code:
                      El_Diablo

Kewl!
                      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                      X