• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The first series of the original was good, as might be expected from the inventor of the Daleks, Terry Nation. Then he had a falling out with the producer and left, and the next two series turned into a kind of dystopian Emmerdale Farm

I always thought it was very clever the way they established the initial premise - rather than tell the whole story, they just put the essentials into the title sequence. Scientist knocks over flask in laboratory, scientist goes to airport and catches plane, then a sequence of passport stamps from around the globe (the first from Moscow, which is how one knew where the plague came from) ending in the UK - then straight into the first episode, with London grinding to a halt as everybody starts dying.
    Thats how I remember it -but faint memory. I did not know it was Terry Nation though - interesting!

Can one purchase it on DVD?

Comment

Now Taylor 14 Jenkins 7

It the first to 18 so not long to go

Comment

Population
        1635 Revenues
        377000 € Unemployment 1 %
        Transport 99 %
        Crime rate 0 %
        Pollution 0 %

rank=293

6 visitors so far

Comment

16-7 now : quite a walkover.

Comment

BrilloPad 17,454
            zeitghost 14,484
            Diver 10,967
            cailin maith 10,886
            DS23 10,001
            BrowneIssue 8,564
            TheFaQQer 8,379
            NickFitz 7,895
            FiveTimes 6,538
            Bear 5,432
            voodooflux 3,730
            El_Diablo 3,673

Comment

At the break its 17-8

I cant see the other chap winning the next 10 legs!

Comment

quiet day on tpd today.....

Comment

not much drivel

Comment

I wish I was a cat - sleep 20 hours a day - get up - eat loads - hunt a bit - torture a few small animals - sleep again.

it looks such a good life.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I wish I was a cat - sleep 20 hours a day - get up - eat loads - hunt a bit - torture a few small animals - sleep again.

it looks such a good life.
                      Particularly if the owner is Lady BP - her cats are treated like babies.

Comment

Working...
                      X