• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BrilloPad 16,985
    zeitghost 14,303
    Diver 10,946
    cailin maith 10,764
    DS23 10,001
    BrowneIssue 8,564
    TheFaQQer 8,192
    NickFitz 7,725
    FiveTimes 6,372
    Bear 5,335
    El_Diablo 2,705
    voodooflux 2,625
    DiscoStu 2,219
    Fortune Green 2,215
    Jog On 2,174

this plus 14 more posts for the 17k.......

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      That's very young for a builder.

IGMC
      And he has a son

Coat for me too.....

Comment

The baby entertained everyone with his unusual crawl. he shuffles on his bottom - and can do say at amzing speed. One sniff of a set of stairs and he is off like a rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          the party I attended today was for the son of my builder - he is 3.
          Is he affected by the current downturn at all?
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

The baby entertained everyone with his unusual crawl. he shuffles on his bottom - and can do say at amzing speed. One sniff of a set of stairs and he is off like a rocket.
            Alas he can only get up stairs - well he can get down by falling.......

Comment

Alas he can only get up stairs - well he can get down by falling.......
              We need to invest in two more stair gates (not to be confused with Stargates - they'd be a lot cooler) now we have an extra set of stairs into the loft.

Comment

Is he affected by the current downturn at all?
                BOOMED! We are building a £3m supermarket + flats by Wimbledon Chase - I helped with financing. All he has to do is build them. The owner will let out the supermarket/flats - then sell in 10/20 years when upturn comes......

He has about 5 other projects on the go too - each worth £500k - 1.5m. And his cost of labour has gone down. he just loves it.

Comment

We need to invest in two more stair gates (not to be confused with Stargates - they'd be a lot cooler) now we have an extra set of stairs into the loft.
                  They are a nuisance - but better than an accident.....

Comment

I see 11th place is still hotly contested.......

Comment

BOOMED! We are building a £3m supermarket + flats by Wimbledon Chase - I helped with financing. All he has to do is build them. The owner will let out the supermarket/flats - then sell in 10/20 years when upturn comes......

He has about 5 other projects on the go too - each worth £500k - 1.5m. And his cost of labour has gone down. he just loves it.
                      Sounds like he's not affected at all then. I think a lot of smaller outfits are feeling the pinch at the moment though.

Comment

Working...
                      X