• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BrilloPad 16,882
    zeitghost 14,303
    Diver 10,946
    cailin maith 10,737
    DS23 10,001
    BrowneIssue 8,564
    TheFaQQer 8,186
    NickFitz 7,687
    FiveTimes 6,354
    Bear 5,331
    El_Diablo 2,586
    voodooflux 2,496
    DiscoStu 2,219
    Fortune Green 2,215
    Jog On 2,174

Will VDF catch ED?
    We shall see...
    That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Yup

No, I'm the same. I never get rid of a book - I've even got a Maeve Binchy that an old lady gave me when I worked for Age Concern many years ago. I'll never read it, but I still have it

I think it's something to do with my Dad - he used to be a writer, and brought us up to treasure books. When we moved from Liverpool (when I was nine), the removal men had to go back to the depot to get more tea chests - they said they'd never seen a family with so many books before
      Glad I'm not the only one
      That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

We shall see...

Comment

F&C FTW!

I'm not sure what to have today - I might just have a snack, then hit the chippy for their BBQ ribs and chips after the pub.

Mind you, they're not making the BBQ sauce as well as they used to - the flavours aren't balanced properly

A few years ago I ran into the then-manager of the chippy in a pub and he revealed the secret recipe to me. Unfortunately I can only remember about half of it
            Have you decided what it's to be Nick?
            That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Just finished ours

Lady VF had to try an alternate chippy as there was a large, unmoving queue at the usual one. I think we may visit the alternate one again - it was very good, and much better than the last time we went there.
              Nothing beats a good portion of fish and chips.
              That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

While my laptop is still away having various bits of surgery I'm without my full list of Internet bookmarks during the day, and as a result I'm skipping some sites that I usually visit. One in particular is Smashing Magazine which seems to consistently post quality articles on web design, graphic design, photography, etc. There are some reals gems on there, and some of the photography showcases are stunning.

60 Beautiful Examples Of Night Photography is well worth a look.

Comment

There's nothing like a bit of competition
                  That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Nothing beats a good portion of fish and chips.
                    Our usual chippy has a poster which always makes me laugh. I was going to try and describe it, but thought it was worth a Google Image Search, and I found it.

Comment

We recently had a bit of a clear out, and I decided to get rid of some books at long last to make space for more Lego models on my shelves

Sadly I called time on my Windows 3.0 copy of Petzold, and the original Kruglinksi (sadly no longer with us) Inside Visual C++. I had no such qualms about ditching a couple of COBOL books I had since university though.
                      COBOL

Philistine!

If I was to take that attitude, I'd be getting rid of such gems as Assembly Language Programming for the BBC Microcomputer and the Digital Equipment Corporation Small Computer Handbook 1967*, which I could never do

* That's "small" as in "not much bigger than a fridge"
                      I once killed an old graphics card whilst trying to mess around with Assembly language, I think I peeked when I should have poked!
                      That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Working...
                      X