• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Hmmmnnn Never mind laughing at me!
    with

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I love the idea of a special step...
      Don't.... the shame of it all..... the whole office had a good laugh at me. Before they installed it - one of the directors even tild me to wear higher heels, as that might help me reach
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Hmm...

You know how one sees those plastic bags of assorted ilk wafting around the place?

For some years now I've been of the opinion that they are, in fact, alien beings who have identified a form that allows them to move about, observing our society, whilst being largely ignored. Let's face it, nobody pays much attention to a plastic carrier bag being blown by the wind - but if you watch them, some seem to exhibit remarkable habits of lurking in the vicinity, then scurrying off - often as soon as some matter of interest (and it can be the most trivial of social interactions, yet of interest to one trying to decipher our ways) has come to its conclusion.

There was one just outside tonight - unbranded, wafting gently down the road towards the centre of the pedestrian crossing. It paused as I approached - tremulous it was, perhaps not having realised that I'd already crossed up the road, and so would not be crossing here.

I greeted it in a friendly manner; it bowed (tremulously) towards me, and rolled back a few inches. I apologised for being unable to invite it in (it's a dirty plastic bag, after all) and it once again nodded to me, and waited.

As I let myself in the front door I looked back down the path to see it drifting gracefully away down the road.

I hope it wasn't offended by my stand-offishness
        You know those trays of plants they threw out from a neighbouring flat - you didn't happen to keep one did you?
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Don't.... the shame of it all..... the whole office had a good laugh at me. Before they installed it - one of the directors even tild me to wear higher heels, as that might help me reach
          Are you sure that's why he wanted you to wear higher heals?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Merely for completeness or something
            Too kind

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Are you sure that's why he wanted you to wear higher heals?
              Yes!!!
              Bazza gets caught

Comment

Yes!!!
                OK, if you're sure

How's ClientCo so far?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  OK, if you're sure

How's ClientCo so far?
                  It's been interesting.... I sent a stinker of an email to the whole office for locking me in and now they think it's the funniest thing to happen this week
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

It's been interesting.... I sent a stinker of an email to the whole office for locking me in and now they think it's the funniest thing to happen this week
                    You should put your rate up for providing entertainment

Comment

Morning all

What's occuring?
                      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                      X