• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    It's not scary, you can't live your life in fear of what might happen. All you can do is enjoy everything and balls to the rest.

my eldest is 12 next month and we have started letting her out more, we are naturally worried, but you just have to do it. We couldn't keep her in for fear of something happening.
    I know, you are right
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

It's not scary, you can't live your life in fear of what might happen. All you can do is enjoy everything and balls to the rest...
      ...until you find your 7 year old almost climbing out of a second story window, as we did at the weekend (he had climbed on to a stool to peer out, and both feet had left the stool). That shook us up a bit

Needless to say he had a thorough lecture on why that was "bad, mkay".
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        ...until you find your 7 year old almost climbing out of a second story window, as we did at the weekend (he had climbed on to a stool to peer out, and both feet had left the stool). That shook us up a bit

I guess thats it, kids don't recognise the dangers that adults see.
        Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

Eeek.. that would make you think, but kids have to grow up and they have to learn. I bey he has learnt his lesson now.

I'm trying to steer the eldest away from boyfriends, and trying to get her into afterschool clubs. Also had a talk about peer pressure at the weekend... I think her head is failry screwed on

Comment

Eeek.. that would make you think, but kids have to grow up and they have to learn. I bey he has learnt his lesson now.

I'm trying to steer the eldest away from boyfriends, and trying to get her into afterschool clubs. Also had a talk about peer pressure at the weekend... I think her head is failry screwed on
            That won't happen.... she is 12, she will be thinking about it... in my house boyfriends and all that goes with the whole idea of them was never a taboo subject. Mam and Dad always encouraged us to bring them home and in hindsight I guess it was so they could keep an eye on us. she will be grand Monkey - I have no doubt that you and Mrs Monkey have done a grand job.
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

Yeah, I think he got the general impression that was a bad thing. I hope I give them enough freedom to learn from small mistakes - it's the big ones I worry about!

Given that No.4 is our only girl, any boyfriend she gets is going to have the run the gauntlet of me and 3 brothers. She's in safe hands
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

On a cheery note...

Have a guess who came very, very close to getting a slap of a bouncer at the weekend

The bouncer decided against starting something as standing behind me was my 4th Dan instructor.

All because the muppet wanted me to throw my rubbish on the floor outside, I just said no I'll use the bin upstairs.... slight disagreement. I tried to walk past him and up the stairs. Out came an arm to stop me, at which point he saw my club colours and the instructor chirped up and asked if there was a problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                  Morning all

Probably another brief visit today
                  Bear
                  Fingers like lightning

century

Comment

On a cheery note...

Have a guess who came very, very close to getting a slap of a bouncer at the weekend

The bouncer decided against starting something as standing behind me was my 4th Dan instructor.

All because the muppet wanted me to throw my rubbish on the floor outside, I just said no I'll use the bin upstairs.... slight disagreement. I tried to walk past him and up the stairs. Out came an arm to stop me, at which point he saw my club colours and the instructor chirped up and asked if there was a problem ?
                    I wish I could have seen that. Sometimes bouncers are such numptys...
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

On a cheery note...

You mean he did not pull out his gun?

Comment

Working...
                      X