• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    That's on my "todo" list
    I downloaded it to my hard drive - want a copy or just the original link?

Comment

Going through the Yellow Pages looking for a decorator?

I normally do the painting/staining myself, but I really couldn't face doing the new loft rooms (and the landings and hallway) so I got some recommendations for a decorator. The chap we got seems very good indeed - and I don't say such things lightly.
      I have high standards and I've slow started to let tradesmen do work around the house. Previously I would have fitted the floor myself.
      And I've got a joiner coming back to fit the skirting boards.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I downloaded it to my hard drive - want a copy or just the original link?
        I think you should send me the link so I can test my self-restraint.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

That's on my "todo" list
          I hope you mean the search is on your todo list, not the insertion.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            I have high standards and I've slow started to let tradesmen do work around the house. Previously I would have fitted the floor myself.
            And I've got a joiner coming back to fit the skirting boards.
            Same here - had some very bad experiences with tradesmen in the past (mostly insurance work) and I'm very fussy. I'm gradually building a list of people I trust to do a proper job.

Comment

Same here - had some very bad experiences with tradesmen in the past (mostly insurance work) and I'm very fussy. I'm gradually building a list of people I trust to do a proper job.
              I am so lucky I met a great builder during my bad old days. Not only has done £130k of work round the house but I am now helping him out on building of a £3m tesco.....

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                I hope you mean the search is on your todo list, not the insertion.
                The tomato sauce bottle gets inserted!? I just assumed there was a bacon sandwich involved in the "plot" (if these movies have such things)

<whistles>

Comment

I am so lucky I met a great builder during my bad old days. Not only has done £130k of work round the house but I am now helping him out on building of a £3m tesco.....
                  knocking down and rebuilding my

£130K is a lot of work - what did you have done?

Comment

knocking down and rebuilding my

£130K is a lot of work - what did you have done?
                    Total gutting of the house - then 2 large extensions(1 a loft), air conditioning throughout, real oak floors throughout, converting garage to playroom. probably some other stuff.

But the house looks amazing - and his stuff rarely goes wrong. He is always on time too.

And he came out last Sunday for a leaky shower.

Comment

Total gutting of the house - then 2 large extensions(1 a loft), air conditioning throughout, real oak floors throughout, converting garage to playroom. probably some other stuff.

But the house looks amazing - and his stuff rarely goes wrong. He is always on time too.

And he came out last Sunday for a leaky shower.
                      That's the real test - getting them back to fix little things after the main work is completed. We're waiting on the sparky to come back and fix a couple of things in the loft.

Comment

Working...
                      X