• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    wibble
    Hello RH
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Afternoon folks

Comment

I've just boxed up a timer out of the old UV machine that got taken to pieces earlier this year.

I'm going to use it to, wait for it, time exposures in some other UV light boxes.

They're not nearly as posh as the one that got scrapped, but take up a great deal less space.

Comment

Allo peeps.

I have to write the job description for my replacement. I thought I'd make a start:

Senior Blagger Required.

Senior Blagger with 7-10 years experience in hoodwinking middle management, London, to work with a lively team to ridiculous deadlines set by teflon stakeholders.

Must be able to talk convincingly at length on any given subject while suffering from bouts of acute apathy and a wandering imagination. Should be conversant with the latest Management BS vocabulary, and experienced in leading a team of Junior and Middleweight Blaggers through the thorny maze that is Office Politik.

Essential skills: Lightning-fast Alt-Tabbing; Sleeping with eyes open; Stealing all the best stationery; Appearing interested and awake during team meetings; Clock Watching; Answering questions with questions; Showing Junior staff that they'll retain knowledge better if they figure it out for themselves; Posting at length in CUK.

Advantaged candidates should be able to: Talk local IT staff into giving you full admin rights; Walk away from meetings with barely any action points; Apportion blame for almost anything to Microsoft and IBM; Sweeten relationships with the most important stakeholders in the business (The director's PA, the reception staff & IT support).

Thoughts? Anything you think I've missed out?

Comment

Allo peeps.

I have to write the job description for my replacement. I thought I'd make a start:

Senior Blagger Required.

Senior Blagger with 7-10 years experience in hoodwinking middle management, London, to work with a lively team to ridiculous deadlines set by teflon stakeholders.

Must be able to talk convincingly at length on any given subject while suffering from bouts of acute apathy and a wandering imagination. Should be conversant with the latest Management BS vocabulary, and experienced in leading a team of Junior and Middleweight Blaggers through the thorny maze that is Office Politik.

Essential skills: Lightning-fast Alt-Tabbing; Sleeping with eyes open; Stealing all the best stationery; Appearing interested and awake during team meetings; Clock Watching; Answering questions with questions; Showing Junior staff that they'll retain knowledge better if they figure it out for themselves; Posting at length in CUK.

Advantaged candidates should be able to: Talk local IT staff into giving you full admin rights; Walk away from meetings with barely any action points; Apportion blame for almost anything to Microsoft and IBM; Sweeten relationships with the most important stakeholders in the business (The director's PA, the reception staff & IT support).

Where do I apply ?

Comment

The assembled congregation will no doubt be unsurprised to learn that the afore mentioned t*w*lH**d student ain't, as yet, appeared.

Despite me arranging my hols to suit the git.

Bitter?

Moi?

Nah.

I just hope he comes in next week when I'm not here again...

Comment

Good Afternoon...............
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Allo peeps.

Senior Blagger Required.

.................................................. ......
                  You are the BOFH and I claim my 100% of your profits........

Can I apply?
                  It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                    Good Afternoon...............

Comment

You are the BOFH and I claim my 100% of your profits........
                      No mention of a PFY though...

Can I apply?
                      I think I'm over qualified for that role
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X