• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BrilloPad
    Godlike

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Seems children have to be 2 to go. gf is taking the twins(aged 6) the Sunday before XMAS. baby will go when older. I am staying home.
      Yeah, I think children younger than two might not get the most out of it. Six is a good age though. Will they be back before Christmas? We went for 4 nights.

I can recommend a Husky sledge ride, although hold on tighter than I did if you're "driving" - I fell off and it's very unnerving to see the runaway sledge carry your kids off into the distance The resulting high-speed Skidoo chase is rather fun though
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

BrilloPad 14,159
        zeitghost 13,090
        Diver 10,268
        DS23 10,000
        cailin maith 9,051
        BrowneIssue 8,524
        TheFaQQer 7,871
        NickFitz 6,701
        FiveTimes 5,656
        Bear 4,721
        Fortune Green 2,215
        DiscoStu 2,127
        Jog On 2,113

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Yeah, I think children younger than two might not get the most out of it. Six is a good age though. Will they be back before Christmas? We went for 4 nights.

I can recommend a Husky sledge ride, although hold on tighter than I did if you're "driving" - I fell off and it's very unnerving to see the runaway sledge carry your kids off into the distance
          They are going for a day trip. I think the reason under 2 not advised is due to the extreme cold.

Comment

Is it due to the summer holidays?
            Not sure, can't think why it would be especially quiet today.

It'll get even quieter in 5 mins - I'm off home

Comment

They are going for a day trip. I think the reason under 2 not advised is due to the extreme cold.
              I saw those day trips advertised - they cram a lot in, and it's a long day.

It does get very cold earlier in the season, but when we were there the week before Christmas (Levi, 200km inside the arctic circle) it was around 3C during the few hours of daylight - about the same temperature it was back here at that time! It got very, very cold when we went on a trip into the mountains, but with plenty of layers on you don't really feel it.

Just thinking about it makes me want to go back

Comment

Right, time to pack up and head home.

Have a great break BP

Comment

Not sure, can't think why it would be especially quiet today.

It'll get even quieter in 5 mins - I'm off home
                  So I will be here on my own!

What shall I do if the generalistas invade?

Comment

Right, time to pack up and head home.

Have a great break BP

best of luck with the baby - and to Mrs VDF too.

Comment

I saw those day trips advertised - they cram a lot in, and it's a long day.

It does get very cold earlier in the season, but when we were there the week before Christmas (Levi, 200km inside the arctic circle) it was around 3C during the few hours of daylight - about the same temperature it was back here at that time! It got very, very cold when we went on a trip into the mountains, but with plenty of layers on you don't really feel it.

Just thinking about it makes me want to go back
                      We were told it was unlikely to get above -10c. Apparently they are going to Northern Finland - not sure exactly where.

Comment

Working...
                      X