• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Goodnight all

Careful Dexter doesn't getcha...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Can one do "interrupt driven" in VB3? I doubt it...

But presumably there's a COM component that could do this... or is one stuck with the (entirely unrelated to the Component Object Model, which isn't an object model in any usable sense) COM1 MS-DOS interface?

I get the feeling that you are about to dip your lizardly claws into the whole bizarre mélange that is the very early way of writing stuff for Windows versions later than 3 (i.e. 95+ and the WinNT family from NT4 up to XP and even [though MS won't admit this in public] Bista... "Ahhh, Bista").

If you have nothing much else to do over the summer, I would recommend reading everything, from the beginning, in Raymond Chen's blog - he knows more about the Win32 API than anybody, and writes intelligently about the reasons that it sucks so hard.

The book, derived therefrom, is also extremely good (my copy lies about five feet away as I type this, even though it has nothing to do with what I do these days), but the blog is free and a fascinating read, still updated daily
      It's the PIC software/hardware that's slow for some reason... on my little pcb.

The VB is responding correctly to what it's being sent.

Sort of.

I'd previously thought that the 480/800 thingie was caused by the difference in speeds of the pcs I was using... Pentium 120 (or something) vs AMD K6/2 500.

But it ain't.

It's the embedded PIC s/w.

Which I shall look at today.

It's pin setting/clearing again for timing testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Morning all

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        morning all

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Morning all

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Morning folks

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
        Morning everyone.........

WOW, I even beat CM in this morning....unless she's on holiday.

ClientCo's enforcing extra time working (yeah I know, stupid isn't it) which is why I'm in so early.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          CM is on holiday this morning I think? Due back this afternoon or tomorrow?

Very well deserved as she was in at 6:30am on Thursday!
          Isn't Bazza in Ireland for the weekend or something?

Comment

Which no doubt explains why it's got tumbleweed blowing through here this morning...

Hark! I hear the sound of a train whistle blowing in the distance...

Comment

But it does give me the opportunity to waffle away here for a while.

Comment

All on my lonesome...

Just put a bit of test code in the pic to see what the timing is on the a2d & uart loop.

Comment

It's doing roughly 1ms per iteration.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    All on my lonesome...

Just put a bit of test code in the pic to see what the timing is on the a2d & uart loop.

Don't worry, I can call in now and again while all the PM's are in meetings.
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

There is life... I'm not in "I am Legend"...

Comment

Working...
                      X