• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Morning all
    morning young Sir

hows it going?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Anyone there? I've been driven out of bed by my bundle of joy, so may as well get my work for the day out of the way.

Babies are such a joy - but can be hard work at times!

I think I should have skipped being a parent and gone straight to grandparent!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        morning young Sir

hows it going?
        Have to go out and fix the truck shortly, the diaphragm on the fuel primer/filter is perforated.

Also have to nip to the shops and scrounge up some cardboard boxes for shipping a load of stuff I sold on ebay.
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Babies are such a joy - but can be hard work at times!

I think I should have skipped being a parent and gone straight to grandparent!
          It's great

You get to give the little oiks back when they get too tiresome
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

G'morning

Despite getting an early night, I still woke up at 7.00am completely knackered
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              G'morning

I wish I had an early night... 1am and I was up @ 6.30.. I'm bolloxed now

Comment

Morning all

Another stunningly exciting day at Edjukashun Towers awaits...

I wonder how many people (other than the cleaner who just emptied the bin) I'll see today...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  My list of jobs to do when I get home is
                  • seal shower cubicle - DONE
                  • take broken swing apart and take to tip - DONE apart from going to tip
                  • finish sealing/painting dining room walls - DONE
                  • cut grass - DONE and watered
                  • 1st coat on coving - DONE
                  I was a busy lad last night

Comment

Bye Zeity

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    When you say "more or less", are you allowing for minor timing variations? Sometimes cutting a little slack (aka rounding to a lower level of precision) can lead to better results, when dealing with a data source that is inherently a bit noisy.

You also need to take account of the fact that aliasing issues can arise if you are mapping a comparatively low resolution input to a high resolution output - you should determine a mapping equation that will transform the input space to the output space without introducing noise derived solely from the mapping.

Bye Zeity - I'm very glad to find that the background-data-gathering-exercise for your latest Cunning Plan is working, even though it'll probably lead me to a life of servitude in the Sugar Mines

The slant is caused by the difference in clock frequency at their end compared with the crystal clock at my end.

Since the variable doing the counting is an integer, and currently set to 799 (good) as against 800 (slanty), I'm a bit stuffed really...

The sampling thingie at home has 4 bits of resolution, which gives a reasonable response with (Sample and 31) * 8. I'm sure that some further frigging about will improve it a bit.

The PIC16F88 version has 8 bit resolution, but goes from about 0 (roughly 0.3V) to 0xc0 (about 3.7V) because of limitations with the PLL.

I may have to change the program in the Pic a little too.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Anyone there? I've been driven out of bed by my bundle of joy, so may as well get my work for the day out of the way.

Morning all

morning young Sir

hows it going?

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      G'morning

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      I wish I had an early night... 1am and I was up @ 6.30.. I'm bolloxed now

Comment

Working...
                      X