• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Bored

Been up for hours with nobody to talk to
    Well I am here now? Or were you waiting for someone exciting to talk to?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
      Morning

Quick question

I will be working at another location (same company) for an unspecified amount of time maybe 3 months

1) Does my 2 years claiming subsistence start again ?
      2) How long do i have to be there for my 2 years to start again in London

I know it sould be posted in General but as a favour to an old TPD'er can yu answer this please !!!
      I think this is more for Accounting. But IMO the clock starts again as it depends on Location not company. I reckon a month or more should do it - Mal would know for sure. Have you searched the fora?

Comment

Morning all

Another busy day
        Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
          Done alot of drinking the last 6 weeks, I havent done much else to be honest All mates are now either married or with kids so no many to go out and play with and current gig they are all a bunch a boring barstewards never go out. I'm too impatient I just want to be over it, but I read somewhere they recon 2 months to get over it for every year together so that puts me at 18months

Ahhh man l*fes a real sh*tter at times.

Anyway enough doom and gloom for today
          In a very similar position to you myself at the moment. Wife left me 5 weeks ago after 22 years of marriage (26 years together) I hope the 2 months/year isn't right that's one hell of a long time. I think it's important to take things at a pace that feels right for you. Still don't really understand why it all happened and decided that it's best not to beat oneself up over that.

I started to go swimming. I'd never tried it before other than messing about in the pool with the kids. First time I went I swam 70 lengths. Not sure where the energy came from and I'm not a fit person at all. I just seemed to have loads of energy. I now go 2-3 times a week and decided to set myself a target to swim one length for every day I was married. I said to myself when that is done I will 'relaunch' myself (total focus on the kids at the moment!). The people at the pool are pretty friendly too once you've been a couple of times so opens up other avenues there.

So I have 8602 lengths to swim (approx 125 miles). So far I've done just under 10% and I'm hoping I'll be done by next February.

I'm also planning on starting some evening class in September, probably to improve my French but still looking at other options. Also next year, all being well, I'm hoping to do one of two things I've always wanted to but never got the chance to; Drive across USA or have a month in Iceland just touring around and camping.

The main thing is to just try and keep your chin up. I've not missed a day at work because of it. If, when I wake up on a morning, I don't feel like getting up and going to work then I forget the snooze button and get up there and then and go to work. That extra 5 or 10 minutes snooze is used to turn things over in your mind and makes getting up at the end even harder.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
            Morning

Quick question

I will be working at another location (same company) for an unspecified amount of time maybe 3 months

1) Does my 2 years claiming subsistence start again ?
            2) How long do i have to be there for my 2 years to start again in London

I know it sould be posted in General but as a favour to an old TPD'er can yu answer this please !!!
            I would say that your 2 years starts again as long as the distance is significant.

Regarding subsistence - I hope you are only claiming receipted expenses for lunch/meals and not the flat £26/day that some companies claim you can

Sorry I can't be more definitive, and you could get flamed over in accounting for the "claiming subsistence" comment.

Comment

...... and on a brighter note than my previous post ......

Morning All
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Was the £22 steak (veg extra) nice?
                I went to our local butchers a while back for some fillet steak, 4 little rounds of fillet - £30 please!

Thanks very much i say!

It was nice though
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by ControlG View Post
                  ...... and on a brighter note than my previous post ......

Morning All
                  Morning, and a good previous post, "Its good to talk!"

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Morning, and a good previous post, "Its good to talk!"
                    Morning and thanks. You're spot on there. It is good to talk.

I've a couple of close friends without who I would not have coped as well as I feel I have. I'd also recommend counselling. I'd always been a bit unsure about this before as I'm usually a very private person but it has been wonderful and can really help clear the waters which seem so muddy during these times.

Comment

Morning everyone

21 hours to go
                      Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
                      "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
                      Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Working...
                      X