• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I watched a documentary I recorder off BBC4 about Western Films by Rich Hall(?)...

Followed by a bit of NCIS on 5, and now CSI NY on 5.
    You like your CSI. Planning a murder? Or better ways to eat your students?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Nothing amazing... there's some spare ribs that will hopefully be nice

And I got some more fruit, as part of my ongoing failure to adopt a healthier diet - that will no doubt eventually join all the mouldy fruit I had to evict from the fridge to make room for it
      Not listening to our Glorious Leader's exhortation on wasting food then?

I bought a book about The Nuclear Family Holiday (or some such) which is about two septics travelling across country visiting various cold war sites... and yet another book about Pink Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I love fruit - I had fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and ditto tonight! I also had a slice of cherry cake - home cooked by the gf!
        I have a theory about fruit and it going mouldy.

I reckon certain types of fruit when placed together in a fruitbowl or some such, actually strive to go mouldy so that they can disperse their seeds first.

My suggestion would be to keep different items of fruit apart.

Comment

You read very very quickly! Or tpd has too fw posts these ays.

I wonder if CM is having a nice holiday? I bet she has pulled a waiter or 2 by now!
          I trust she's having fun & being safe...

Comment

You like your CSI. Planning a murder? Or better ways to eat your students?
            There's nowt else on, so far as I can see...

Comment

Babysitting the girls tonight

We bought them acrylic painting sets with stencils and sponge pads and everything

Anybody know a good decorator
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

I reckon certain types of fruit when placed together in a fruitbowl or some such, actually strive to go mouldy so that they can disperse their seeds first.

You know that fruit gives off ethane as it ripens?

It's a trick they use to ripen bananas, tomatos and such like that are shipped unripe from furrain parts...

Comment

You know that fruit gives off ethane as it ripens?

It's a trick they use to ripen bananas, tomatos and such like that are shipped unripe from furrain parts...
                  Aha!

That could be it! That's why I always keep bananas away from t'other stuff!

Thanks Lizard!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

I see alot of sense in that. But also, I think it is touching anything else. Seems that is why greengrocers keep bananas on a hook. I think you can actually buy a banana hook!

Comment

I trust she's having fun & being safe...
                      By being safe do you mean using a condom? Or not giving her real name!

Comment

Working...
                      X