• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    What that Giant Alien Lizard said

I must admit I was starting to get rather confused about which Lucy thread was which, and when they'd been removed (two of them disappeared within a minute or so of each other) I was having trouble remembering which was which... Ahah, I think I begin to see the source of the confusion

There were three threads: the "When/Why Was Lucy Banned" thread, the "Lucy's Side of the Story" thread, and the "Have You Ever Been PM'ed by Lucy" poll thread (spun off from the "Lucy's Side of the Story" thread).

I think what happened is that when many people (including myself) had concurred with the idea that the "Lucy's Side of the Story" thread, and the spin-off poll "Have You ever been PM'ed by Lucy", should be disposed of, the admins did so - but then somebody posted to the "When/Why Was Lucy Banned" thread, thereby dragging it back on to the front page of General, and leading to General confusion (pun by happenstance) because its content was so similar to the other threads.

This then led people to think that it was a suddenly-de-removed-thread with some posts deleted - although those posts had in fact been in one of the removed threads, and this was a suddenly-resurrected hitherto-unremoved thread, which was then removed.

I think that's it
    Thanks Nick, that's really cleared things up...

My head hurts...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all

morning Zeity

How was the walk up the hill?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Morning all.

Wavey wave.

Comment

What ho chaps

How's TPD Manors?
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            So it is at last becoming apparent what a nasty, vindictive. spiteful little hell-hole General is?

I know I didn't help but it took me a while to get my head around how General works.

I have thought for over a year that the behaviour in there should be changed, but, that's how the mods like it.

I suspect they've had a threat chucked at them which is why those threads have gone.
            But what about my post count?

Oh.

Er.

I didn't post on those threads much anyway.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
              What ho chaps

How's TPD Manors?
              Hey Ted

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Hey sweety zeity
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Flight at 15.30 - I'm excited but stressed.... I'm not very good at being calm about travelling, always afraid I forgot something!
                You should write a list out - and include "rolling pin". Everyone forgets something - you will forget the rolling pin!

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  'Morning all!

Cambridge board of censors checking in...

Morning doggie...

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                    What ho chaps

How's TPD Manors?

tpd manners are impecable as ever - wish I could say the same for general!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Morning

That is quite a serious post for tpd - could we talk about fluffy kittens instead?

Indeed.

On BTVS, the vampires play poker for kittens.

Happy now?

Comment

Working...
                      X