• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only had one quote back from the 3 joiners. I'll give it another day and then start chasing them

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      I've only had one quote back from the 3 joiners. I'll give it another day and then start chasing them
      My brother is a joiner - he is tulip at getting back to people too.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Unfortunately, the nausea induced the color (sic) scheme prevented me from reading much...
        I think you should clarify your AOL.EXE joke before you get sued. All these people are deleting their .EXE files and screwing up their computer because you told them too.

Though only in jest (and a funny joke at that), the courts won't see it that way. They will probably charge you some Malicious Mischief or intend charge.

Save yourself from the stupid people, so you won't have to pay Punitive damages.

Remember the law is on their side. Behind every warning label is a Law Suit.

Teresa

P.S. Thanks for all your hard work.

You people are far too afraid of lawyers. The last two lawyers I came in contact with would have followed my instructions to the letter and deleted their AOL.EXE files.

So, let 'em sue:

Lawyer 1: Your Honor, I'm suing Mr. Owens for intentional damage to my property.

Lawyer 2: Your Honor, I'm suing because I couldn't get to my "Ambulance Chasing Tips" chat room.

Judge: How could either of you misunderstand this paragraph: "FAILURE TO REMOVE THIS FILE WILL KEEP YOUR 'UPPER MEMORY MANAGEMENT' MODULE OF YOUR INTELLIGENCE QUOTIENT (IQ OVER 85) BLOCKED. DELETING AOL.EXE WILL FREE YOUR IQ TO GO ABOVE 85!!!" Do you not know what IQ is?

Lawyer 1: Yes, your Honor, I know what IQ is, but this computer stuff is way beyond me. Who knows what an "upper memory management module" is?

Judge: You're not competent enough to understand computer terms, but you're competent enough to *sue* over computer terms?

Lawyer 2: Let me just say for the record, your Honor, that I have fourteen people working in my office and I don't have to know what computer terms are. I have a very powerful laptop my IS people gave me that has only two knobs. When I'm ready for a new screen, I just hold it upside down and shake it until the old screen clears off.

Lawyer 1: Your Honor, it's up to people who are in a position of trust to not mislead others.

Judge: You always do what Mr. Owens says?

Lawyer 1: Always, your honor, without fail.

Lawyer 2: Can I go to the bathroom?

Judge: If you always do what Mr. Owens says, why aren't you on his premium subscription lists? Or his party list? He told you to sign up for 'em. He told you to click on the ads and you didn't do that, either.

Lawyer 1: Your Honor, Mr. Owens *said* this was *very* important. He said to *pay attention*. So, that's different than all of that stuff *he* want us to do. He didn't *say* that other stuff was important.

Lawyer 2: Your Honor, I really can't hold it much longer.

Judge: Oh, because Mr. Owens didn't say the other stuff was important, you chose to ignore it. Why?

Lawyer 1: Because it's a *joke* list, your Honor. No one takes anything on a *joke* list seriously.

Lawyer 2: Oh sh!t.

Lawyer 1: Oh, man, I blew it.

Lawyer 2: No, really. I think I just sh!t.

Judge: Case dismissed.
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
          Good morning TPD world...........glad to see you're all well and flourishing.

Good to see SA back as well!
          KathyWoolfe
          Contractor Among Contractors

century

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            My brother is a joiner - he is tulip at getting back to people too.
            tarmac layer

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

This guy sent out an email (bulk) that contained a virus warning that instructed people to delete AOL.EXE from their systems.

These were the responses Linky

Rockin

That deserves a thread in technical!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

That deserves a thread in technical!
                It's old news, back in 01 I think
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  It's old news, back in 01 I think
                  opps

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    I see my Cunning Plan to disrupt the tennis thread is bearing fruit...
                    http://forums.contractoruk.com/577472-post54.html

way to go Zeity

Comment

Afternoon all

Some pi55ant scratched Mrs Diablo's car last night she is not happy!
                      That boy go raaaaaaa
                      Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Working...
                      X