• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This evening's entertainment consists of using MSConfig to work out my Mrs Cranium's laptop is struggling to load up.

What a slow process it is.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Is that because there is only a finite number of ways of doing what they do on there?

PS, wavey wave, Zeity.
      Possibly.

More likely because the good bits must now be paid for I suspect...

And

Comment

This evening's entertainment consists of using MSConfig to work out my Mrs Cranium's laptop is struggling to load up.

This pc is having its usual series of off days...

Yesterday it did the KLIF.DLL error during the update, so I had to restart it & repair Kaspersky before I could do anything.

Today it froze after a download so I had to restart it & scandisk it... then just to be careful I ran the virus scanner in safe mode, followed by disk cleanup and a defrag.

The excitement of my days knows no bounds...

Comment

I also discovered that the gearbox oil TAF-X is a mere £15 a litre...

Since the <spit> Passat is currently spitting this stuff all over the engine compartment & the garage floor, I may not bother buying some more but just pour some EP80 in instead.

Comment

Catch you all tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Catch you all tomorrow...
              Nighty night, Zeity.

Wavey wave.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                I also discovered that the gearbox oil TAF-X is a mere £15 a litre...

Since the <spit> Passat is currently spitting this stuff all over the engine compartment & the garage floor, I may not bother buying some more but just pour some EP80 in instead.
                I suppose that means alien spaceships need gearbox oil.

Comment

It is starting to look like AVGTRAY is the culprit.

Comment

A damn smoke alarm just went off.

How annoying is that?

Comment

This MSCONFIG malarkey is tedious.

Comment

Working...
                      X