• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    oooeeerrrrr
    'fraid not - [edit: you probably don't need the additional information that I provided the first time]

She was concerned about my lack of sleep.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Morning boys
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I've still got a sizeable collection of Personal Computer World - mainly from the early eighties to the late nineties, but a few from 1978 - 80

I think the earliest one I have is the third issue - it had the Tandy TRS80 Model I on the cover; must have been around June 1978

Although I did read the very first issue when it came out - it was in the computer room at school.
        I have in my desk a copy of "Computing" from Thursday 15th September 1983. It's headlines read: -

"ICL considers Unix as option"
        "Osborne perches on edge of liquidation"
        "DEC shows plans for VAX systems"

and an interesting article on how Microsoft it attempting to diversify from being identified with a single product with Xenix.

The jobs section is even more amusing. Senior management roles with salarys around the £20K mark. Typical developer role about £8.5K.

I ended up with this as a couple of years ago when visiting my mother she said that she'd found the copy (still wrapped in selophane then) and remembered that it had been delivered shortly after I'd left home and she'd put it to one side because she thought it may be important. Thank God it wasn't - she gave me it nearly 23 years later.
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Morning
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hmmm. Nobody around (or is there?) and approaching a century

I could just drivel a bit

Comment

Got to go on mandatory health and safety course this morning

Comment

But first going to buy Elbow tickets at 09:00am when they go on sale

Comment

So all being well should get good tickets. They're playing the Sage in Gatehead. Good venue

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      Morning all
                      Hey Monkey

You better perk up before tonight.... you can't teach a class while you are yawning
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X