• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just killed a moth.

One of the ones that are eating my carpet...

It's because I can't vacuum behind the desk in the bay window... (without moving half a ton of electronics off the bench).

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Is Tonna Lock the one beside the workshops that got burnt out?

If so, the restoration of that was, I thought, part of the benefit from that mine breach a few years back. Remember when the canal got flooded with pink mud?
      Dunno about that... it's next to the lock keeper's house and next to a couple of buildings on the river side of the canal.

It's the lock you get to by walking down an extremely steep hill from the road... it's just down the canal from the Calor Gas plant.

Do you mean the trip boat? I was a member of the crew for a while.
      That's it... small world.

Did you wear a black eye patch & go Haaaaaaargh! Jim Laaaaad! ?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I like the beans with little sausages.

The sausages taste just like the ones you get in tins of beans...
        Those little sausages in the bean cans have always frightened me, ever since I was little.

Even when I was a bachelor and living on canned chicken curry and canned meat chunks, I couldn't bear the thought of eating those little sausages in the tinned beans, so I never bought them.

I could eat kebabs when sober, enjoyed Little Chef food, even burger van burgers for breakfast. But those little sausages, with their strangely thin and peeling skin, their odd wobble ... no way.

Those little sods were alive.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Wavey wave.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I have to remove the red skin that covers the nut because it makes my mouth & throat itch... this is A Bad Sign I suspect...
            Not at all. That is God's way of telling you your beer glass is empty.

That dry, red, papery peanut skin is a sod unless flushed down.

Comment

I just killed a moth.

One of the ones that are eating my carpet...
              I didn't know about moths until our last house which had them. They wrecked my wife's tailor-made wool cloak, two of her suits, my silk & wool scarf, a load of blouses, a few shirts, a pair of gloves and the main bedroom carpet.

It's the larvae that munch the carpet. It was when I was looking for the moths, pulled up a corner of bedroom carpet and then realised it was alive with the tiny little sods that I gave up trying to use the vacuum to fix it.

£60 paid for a very nice lady with a very indiscreet van to come and spray every carpet in the house.

That sorted the buggers. And everything else too. I never saw any spiders after that either.

Comment

Dunno about that... it's next to the lock keeper's house and next to a couple of buildings on the river side of the canal. It's the lock you get to by walking down an extremely steep hill from the road... it's just down the canal from the Calor Gas plant.
                Yep, that's the one. The trip boat had to wind there; it's nice to know there's now a lock to go through too.

Those buildings had been restored and there was to be a ceremony of sorts to celebrate it. Then they got burned down one night.

So that was nice.

That's it... small world.

Did you wear a black eye patch & go Haaaaaaargh! Jim Laaaaad! ?
                It's funny you should say that ... No.

Comment

The bedroom carpets aren't such a problem being plastic... however the staircarpet & the downstairs carpets are wool, so they have a field day with those...

I think the hoover does discourage them a bit coz I've got a lot less moths now that I have one that beats as it sweeps as it cleans...

It's also amusing watching the colour of the dust in the cleaner change colour according to the carpet you are currently vacuuming... I love the layered effect that one gets...

I'm a very sad person really...

Comment

I'm sure I should like to have a tricorn hat, a parrot, a peg leg and an eyepatch if I was driving the boat.

It'd be a unique selling point.

I do notice that they seem to go too fast in the boat, since it leaves a wake... not good for canal banks if you leave a wake.

Byeeeee

Comment

I do notice that they seem to go too fast in the boat, since it leaves a wake... not good for canal banks if you leave a wake.
                      One or two of the committee are adamant a vessel that small cannot cause damage and will not be told. But you are right and they are wrong.

Byeeeee
                      Bye, bye, Giant Alien Lizard. Wavey wave.

Comment

Working...
                      X