• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    time for bed - night all
    Nighty night.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      To combine earth and water and fire and air (for the Solstice), plus it is World Hydrography Day, I have chartered a narrowboat (muddy ditch + diesel engine + navigation) for the afternoon for a day out with my permie & contract colleagues.

How cool am I?
      Something I find rather impressive is the way the local canal preservation society have repaired Tonna lock on the Neath Canal.

It was delelict & unusable for at least 40 years that I'm aware of, but over the last couple of years, they've repointed it, and replaced the two sets of lock gates.

I was ever so impressed to see it actually working with the barge going through it.

Their next trick will be to reinstate the aquaduct further up that got washed away in a flood about 50 years ago... they have to do that coz it's a bit difficult to sail a barge through a group of pipes.

Comment

It was beans on toast for two.

Yumski!

I haven't had beans on toast since the last time.
        I like the beans with little sausages.

The sausages taste just like the ones you get in tins of beans...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Afternoon denizens

Comment

afternoon

Comment

any lurkers about?
              Nah.

Brillo

got
              a

Merely for completeness

Comment

What is it about peanuts in their shells that makes them so morish?
                Dunno...

I have to remove the red skin that covers the nut because it makes my mouth & throat itch... this is A Bad Sign I suspect... I can get away with eating the kernel.

Can't eat hazelnuts anymore for the same reason... or almonds, though roasted almonds are ok.

Most irritating.

Comment

Bloody spiders.

I've just had to get the vacuum out.

The Missus found one over her side of the bed; that went out the window.

But the big bugger over my side of the bedroom, and the matching big bugger in the office had to go.

They're now all mangled in the vacuum bag, unable to crawl out on the smashed up legs. I hope.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrity View Post
                    Hmmm.....thread is still here!!!!
                    Why?

Did you think it had gone walkabout?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Something I find rather impressive is the way the local canal preservation society have repaired Tonna lock on the Neath Canal.
                      Is Tonna Lock the one beside the workshops that got burnt out?

If so, the restoration of that was, I thought, part of the benefit from that mine breach a few years back. Remember when the canal got flooded with pink mud?

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      It was delelict & unusable for at least 40 years that I'm aware of, but over the last couple of years, they've repointed it, and replaced the two sets of lock gates.

I was ever so impressed to see it actually working with the barge going through it.
                      Do you mean the trip boat? I was a member of the crew for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X