• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lurkers out

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      lurkers out
      BrilloPad
      Super poster

century

Comment

morning all

Comment

Morning -
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Morning -
            morning CM

How are you?

You were quiet yesterday....

Comment

Morning all

It was a toasty 16 deg C in here this morning... then I switched on my newly acquired fan heater & now it's a balmy 20 deg C.

I can feel my fingers again....

Comment

It was a bad weekend for the local bird population - each of the cats got a bird.

The very stupid cat killed - the quite stupid cat left it alive. Which meant I had to finish off with a spade - I hate animals suffering. gf got the twins to watch me do it though....
                Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Harsh...

I think finishing it off with a spade is harsh - 'overkill' to coin a phrase.

Couldn't you have just picked it up and broken it's neck with your forefingers as you would if killing a chicken. Clean and quick!
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  More silliness...

I went to register on three's web site so I could top up the PAYG modem online, rather than having to buy a voucher in a newsagent's like a twelve-year-old.

Upon successfully completing registration it cheerfully announces that they've sent a text message to my mobile (i.e. the modem) containing my password.

Except they don't yet support retrieving text messages from the modem on a Mac

So I had to fire up my old Windows laptop, plug the modem in there, wait while it installed itself (which was a reasonably seamless operation, I have to admit), fire up the software, retrieve the text message, then switch back to the Mac so I could actually log in to the web site to set up my card details.

Don't you just love computing?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Evening denizens

I am speaking to you via my 3 Mobile Broadband dongle

It's taken me an hour to get the damn thing working on my MacBook...

3 claim to support the Mac, and the fact that I am posting this shows that it can, in fact, be made to work. However their website is appallingly poor:
                    1. The instructions for installation on a Mac are incomplete, for example not pointing out that you have to restart after installing the driver
                    2. Although they provide a link to the installer for the required driver, there is another piece of software required to configure said driver, which they do not have available for download - I eventually found it through a mobile phone forum
                    3. The instructions for actually using the thing, once the driver is configured, are not linked to on their website - they are actually there, but only in an unlinked PDF file that showed up as the sixth result of a carefully crafted Google search

Useless tossers, wasting an hour of my life for the want of two links and a 24K file
                    That reminds me so much of a PCI disk controller card I bought.

The little booklet thingy was full of screen shots showing how to install the driver, and needless to say, they didn't work.

Because the software on the CD wasn't a windoze driver installation thingie, it required a piece of installation software from the chip makers before it would do anything.

I was ever so pleased.

So pleased in fact, that there are now threads on this & two other boards that describe how to perform the installation properly.

Comment

morning CM

How are you?

You were quiet yesterday....
                      Hey -

I am grand thanks.

Just busy and still mad with a certain member of our community....
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X