• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just a thought

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought

It's quarter to twelve on a Friday night. No idea why some people are on here (my excuse is that my eight month old son is ill and won't sleep). 26 registered members right now when you should all be enjoying yourself.

However, I must ask.... 109 guests? On a Friday night???

The guest number is always high on this forum for some reason. But 109 on a Friday night... surely not?

Wife is watching American Idol she recorded....

Comment

It's almost addictive checking out what they're looking at. Threads as far back as 2006. Odd

Comment

I'm too old and too scared to go out on a Friday night.

I know how to handle myself amongst pissed, angry lads. I was one. I have evaded trouble in Newcastle, Glasgow, Yorkshire and various other roughty-toughtie places where my London accent was not welcome.

But I don't know how to protect me & the Mrs amongst drugged up, knife-wielding gangs of mixed-gender. Their behaviour and responses seem to be unpredictable.

So after a few scary events over the past few years we tend to stay in on Friday and Saturday evenings.

And when we confessed this to a same-age couple, they confessed the same. Since then we have found it to be true of most of our friends.

44 and too old to go out...

So I sit here and write rubbish instead.

Circa 01:24:
        Currently Active Users: 93 (9 members and 84 guests)
        View Who's Online
        Most users ever online was 673, 22nd April 2009 at 14:34.
        BrowneIssue, bored, Bunk, DonkeyRhubarb, Flashman, gadgetman, suityou01, Torrango
        Oh, I never spotted this facility before.

Some of the logged in accounts have simply not timed out yet.

The guests are probably bots of some kind or another.

BTW, did you want an honest answer?
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          BTW, did you want an honest answer?
          I'm not entirely sure....

Timeout appears to be 45 minutes.

I've just NEVER seen that many guests, at such a consistently high level, on a forum before. And it would be an awful lot of bots (the search engine ones are named as such too)

Comment

I wonder why one guest is viewing this thread?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...mell-fish.html

Please, please register and let us know why you feel the need to read this thread?

(Yes, I'm still addicted)

Comment

I'm 9 hours ahead in Oz so that's my excuse

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
                I'm 9 hours ahead in Oz so that's my excuse
                Indeed. Being in, or from, Oz explains many, many things of one's behaviour.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Bugger, I was hoping that I would have logged on this morning and that guest would have registered and explained themselves. No such luck

Comment

Working...
                  X