• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who does the cooking?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who does the cooking?

Who does the cooking in your house?...
    The Man
    47.62%
    The Woman
    47.62%
    Cook? I'm a contractor I eat out / have staff
    4.76%
    Andy W (whoever he is)
    0.00%

Mostly, MrsF - normally I'm working away from home, so she has no choice.

When we are both there, it's probably 70-30 to her. I enjoy cooking, but don't really have much chance to practice it.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Where's the "share it" option?

Generally, her Ladyship cooks from scratch.

I tend to do the easy meals.

But it is nice that when neither of us can be arsed to cook, we just eat out and think nothing of it.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Me!!

MrsBear isn't the best cook - there's a couple of things I've taught her and she does them but I cook most nights.
        Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Mrs BigD's a vegetarian, where as I'm a fully fledged carnivore. She is prepared to cook meat, but tends to over do the "making sure it's cooked all the way through" bit, and I end up with a lump of carbon.

So, if I'm at home, I tend to do the cooking.
          If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Mrs BP used to be a chef. Its hard for me to get near the kitchen until clearing up time.

Comment

SWMBO works at home so she tends to cook most nights, but to be honest it's pie and chips and easy stuff like that.

I'll cook once or twice a week but it's cooking from scratch.

I love cooking a roast, my currys are pretty good and I enjoy cooking Chinese and Italian.

'elf and safety guru

Comment

Mr ZD can not cook at all so it is down to me or the local take-a-way.
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  ...when neither of us can be arsed to cook, we just eat out and think nothing of it.
                  try eating at better establishments then.

boom boom

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Mrs BP used to be a chef. Its hard for me to get near the kitchen until clearing up time.
                    That's why you are called Brillo Pad - only good for the cleaning / clearing up?
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                    X