• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was Jesus Gay ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Jesus Gay ?

I am trying to cover all the bases here - if he wasn't married to Mary Mags, then he was a guy with a beard with no conjugal relations well into middle age. He was surrounded by a loads of apostles, many young men, some pretty boys, especially John. And they all loved him. And John apparently laid his head on Jesus lap ... it is in the Bible ...

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    I am trying to cover all the bases here - if he wasn't married to Mary Mags, then he was a guy with a beard with no conjugal relations well into middle age. He was surrounded by a loads of apostles, many young men, some pretty boys, especially John. And they all loved him. And John apparently laid his head on Jesus lap ... it is in the Bible ...

Where do you get the "Well into middle age" bit from? How old do you think I was when they knocked me off my perch?
    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
    You know you'll need us!

Comment

According to the US Biblical scholar, Morton Smith, of Columbia University, a fragment of manuscript he found at the Mar Saba monastery near Jerusalem in 1958, showed that the full text of St. Mark chapter 10 (between verses 34 and 35 in the standard version of the Bible) includes the passage:

"And the youth, looking upon him (Jesus), loved him and beseeched that he might remain with him. And going out of the tomb, they went into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days, Jesus instructed him and, at evening, the youth came to him wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God".

Comment

Anybody out there got the 'phone number of Michael Jacksons Lawyer?
        Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
        You know you'll need us!

Comment

Working...
        X