• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tales from BUPA - How to get a migraine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tales from BUPA - How to get a migraine

Ok

I will try and keep this one short.

Application form one guy stated he suffered from migraines. Requested medical history to ascertain the reason why with the few to excluding the medical reason for the Migraine.

Basically the GP advised us that the man was morbidly overweight with extremely high blood pressure. The man complained that every time he masturbated he got a migraine.

Letter sent with policy stating that we would exclude and treatment relating to his migraines, high blood pressure and also his weight.

One very angry man at the end of the phone, explained that we would review the exclusions in the future if supported by his GP ( ie if he lost weight etc)

The phone went quite, then all I could here was heavy panting and a grunting noise.

“Hello, are you still there?” I said

“Yes I am” came the reply

“And you are making me so angry I can feel another migraine coming on, young lady”

The though of this overweight man, doing want he normally does to get a migraine really spooked me. This was the only time I put the phone down on a customer while I worked there,
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Hes a jammy g1t. I spend £££s every month on phone calls like that.

Damn the NHS and their postcode lottery!

Funny story that.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
      Ok

The phone went quite, then all I could here was heavy panting and a grunting noise.

“Hello, are you still there?” I said

“Yes I am” came the reply

“And you are making me so angry I can feel another migraine coming on, young lady”

The though of this overweight man, doing what he normally does to get a migraine really spooked me. This was the only time I put the phone down on a customer while I worked there,
      I thought it was very ignorant of you young lady, I hadn't finished what I was doing and it made my headache even worse

PS. Do you want my phone number so you can call me
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
      X