• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vicar has potato removed from bottom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vicar has potato removed from bottom

A vicar in Yorkshire has had a potato removed from his bottom after claiming that he fell on it while hanging curtains naked.
    Yeah, right.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/a134...om-bottom.html
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

He's feeling chipper this morning though
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

... surgeons also had to remove a lettuce - "and thats just the tip of the iceberg" said one common 'tater
      Last edited by lightng; 1 November 2008, 09:38.

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
        ... surgeons also had to remove a lettuce - "and thats just the tip of the iceberg" said one common 'tater

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Think I know his relation!

Another one of my weid jobs was working in BUPA’s customer services. Part of the job was checking applicants medical history on their application foems to see if we needed extra info or would exclude any of there previous conditions.

OK, I’m getting there……

One guy had declared he had previously been treated for depression by his GP and had also been an out-patient for a ‘Anal Stretch’ (normally done for piles). So I sent a letter to his GP asking for the medical history on these.

The reply came back, basically this guy had split up from his girlfriend and had been really cut up over it (hence being treated for reactive depression by his GP – no exclusion here).

While being in his depressed state, he went to a party and got so drunk he passed out.

When we woke up he found himself in a strange bedroom with extreem pain from his bottom, so he went to A&E. There they said they needed to examine him further under anaesthetic.

The Dr removed a tangerine from his rectum which had got ‘lodged’. The guy said he had no relocation how it got there.

Now, I would have normally put an exclusion on the policy stating we would not pay for any treatment which caused the anal stretch to be performed but I was not sure on the wording, so this was referred to our chief medical advisor at the time, who was called Dr Blackadder.

We did not have the heart to but any exclusion on his policy – but it gave us a laugh.

PS: - this is nothing compared to the Vet with a nasty STD and a broken leg!
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            The Dr removed a tangerine from his rectum which had got ‘lodged’. The guy said he had no relocation how it got there.
            I once worked with a girl who had done a placement in an A&E dept, and she commented on the number of people that came in with "foreign objects" up their bums - and a large proportion of these were tangerines.

...our chief medical advisor at the time, who was called Dr Blackadder.
            No way!

PS: - this is nothing compared to the Vet with a nasty STD and a broken leg!
            New thread!

Comment

Other foreign bodies removed at Sheffield A&E units reportedly include a can of deodorant, a carnation, a cucumber and a Russian doll.

I had heard that there was a degree of shoplifting-to-order on offer aroung Sheffield. But I didn't realise its participants were so diversified or so dedicated.

Comment

Working...
              X