• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Counting Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 - 2nd year at university

Comment

Fifth year at primary school, already had 2 starring roles in the school plays, such as they were - one as St. George. My mum used unwound brillo pads as arm armour, oddly enough. My dad actually made quite a good wooden sword and we painted it silver. Still have that somewhere. Fancied a girl called Mary-Kate, this crush persisted through primary school days.

Comment

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

Comment

Last year at primary school - went to my first grammar school this year, not before the last day at primary - where Mary Kate ran up to me as we were all saying our cheerios, and kissed me for ages - before saying she'd always fancied me. I never knew. That was the last I saw of her.

Grammar was an ex-proper-grammar-now-independent boys' boarding school. Think Lord of the Flies and you're halfway there.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Gaaahh!!
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

May 22nd 1988 - My birth date.
                Last edited by Katie; 6 March 2008, 13:41. Reason: forget vital info

Comment

Fourth year at boarding school. What a bunch of evil b'stards they were. Got away with as little prep as possible, actually found myself liking cross-country. Made friends that would later become very famous indeed.

Comment

Comment

Second year at second (co-ed) boarding school. Very nice school indeed. Worked out how to pick the locks between the boys' and girls' sides of the boarding hall. Started charging the other lads (£5 a time) to let them through.

Made enough money to buy my first proper SLR, ran the school darkroom, taught classes in photography to the lower years. Excelled at design, photography, art and physics.

Comment

Working...
                      X