• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Counting Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not, havent been since Feb
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post

I'm not, havent been since Feb

Were you contract? Thought about going permie? Retraining?

Comment

Yup contract...have thought about darksiding...
        Join IPSE

Comment

Yup contract...have thought about darksiding...
          Century

Personally I think its always good to have money coming in. Some prefer to wait it out. August will deffo be a quiet month. Sep/Oct are usually good months.

Comment

Couple of applications in but its tough to go through that bollox for a position...
            Join IPSE

Comment

no, you are right, best to have money coming in but its a very cagey market out there for both contract and perm...seems ive been working in a niche area for the last few years and its working against me now for a gig
              Join IPSE

Comment

Couple of applications in but its tough to go through that bollox for a position...

Yes. I despair of the modern application process. Its like they want people who can memorize stuff. Not thinkers. All well and good - until stuff goes wrong.....

Comment

no, you are right, best to have money coming in but its a very cagey market out there for both contract and perm...seems ive been working in a niche area for the last few years and its working against me now for a gig
                  tough call. niche markets are great. you earn lots. Then the next big thing can become old hat. Or just no roles coming up.

Retraining a possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Yes. I despair of the modern application process. Its like they want people who can memorize stuff. Not thinkers. All well and good - until stuff goes wrong.....

ho hum, maybe, im doing a couple course now but not holding my attention
                    Join IPSE

Comment

only thing thats keeping me going is actually trying to lose weight and going to the gym
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X