• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

The Counting Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    23798

    I'm not, havent been since Feb
    Join IPSE

    Comment


      Originally posted by Alias View Post
      23798

      I'm not, havent been since Feb
      23799



      Were you contract? Thought about going permie? Retraining?

      Comment


        23800

        Yup contract...have thought about darksiding...
        Join IPSE

        Comment


          Originally posted by Alias View Post
          23800

          Yup contract...have thought about darksiding...
          Century

          23801

          Personally I think its always good to have money coming in. Some prefer to wait it out. August will deffo be a quiet month. Sep/Oct are usually good months.

          Comment


            23802

            Couple of applications in but its tough to go through that bollox for a position...
            Join IPSE

            Comment


              23803

              no, you are right, best to have money coming in but its a very cagey market out there for both contract and perm...seems ive been working in a niche area for the last few years and its working against me now for a gig
              Join IPSE

              Comment


                Originally posted by Alias View Post
                23802

                Couple of applications in but its tough to go through that bollox for a position...
                23803

                Yes. I despair of the modern application process. Its like they want people who can memorize stuff. Not thinkers. All well and good - until stuff goes wrong.....

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Alias View Post
                  23803

                  no, you are right, best to have money coming in but its a very cagey market out there for both contract and perm...seems ive been working in a niche area for the last few years and its working against me now for a gig
                  tough call. niche markets are great. you earn lots. Then the next big thing can become old hat. Or just no roles coming up.

                  Retraining a possibility?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    23803

                    Yes. I despair of the modern application process. Its like they want people who can memorize stuff. Not thinkers. All well and good - until stuff goes wrong.....
                    23806

                    ho hum, maybe, im doing a couple course now but not holding my attention
                    Join IPSE

                    Comment


                      23807

                      only thing thats keeping me going is actually trying to lose weight and going to the gym
                      Join IPSE

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X