• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drive Through Cash Machines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive Through Cash Machines

The HSBC Bank are installing new "Drive-through" cash point machines and
    customers will be able to withdraw cash without leaving their vehicles.
    To enable users to use this new facility the following procedures have
    been drawn up.

MALE PROCEDURE

1 Drive up to the cash machine

2 Insert card into machine and enter PIN

3 Enter amount of cash required and withdraw

4 Retrieve card, cash and receipt

5 Drive off

FEMALE PROCEDURE

1 Drive up to cash machine

2 Reverse back the required amount to align car window to machine

3 Re-start the stalled engine

4 Wind down the window

5 Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card.

6 Turn the radio down

7 Attempt to insert card into machine

8 Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive
    distance from the car

9 Insert card

10 Re-insert card the right way up

11 Re-enter handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back
    page

12 Enter PIN.

13 Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.

14 Enter amount of cash required

15 Check make up in rear view mirror, adding lipstick if required

16 Retrieve card and receipt

17 Search through handbag contents on seat to locate purse and place card
    inside

18 Place receipt in back of cheque book

19 Re-check make-up

20 Drive forwards 2 meters

21 Reverse back to cash machine

22 Retrieve cash

23 Re-locate purse and place cash inside

24 Give appropriate hand signal to irate male drivers queuing behind

25 Restart stalled engine and pull off

26 Drive for 2 to 3 miles

27 Release hand brake

Hmm. Male myself but last year managed to withdraw £50 and then walk away without taking the money. Dashed back, too late! Did you know it goes back in again if you don't take it within a fixed period?

Comment

Money goes back in

Yes, I did.

I did the same a few years ago. I called up the bank and told them that I visited the machine and didn't get my money.

They looked at the records and said OK and re-credited me.

Comment

Re: Money goes back in

The real idiot thing (which I've now done twice) is to walk away from a human shop cashier with the receipt but sans card. This is easier to do than you imagine - they nearly always had back the receipt and card and you are on autopilot eager to get on with the rest of your life.

The second time was easy - supermarket fag counter out to pertrol station - no card straight back and pick it up.

The first was a real sod... motorway service station miles from home real late at night .. luckily realised she hadn't handed back card just after rejoining m'way. Exits were about 20 miles apart so it was avery unwelcome extra 40 miles to get back to where I started.

Comment

I wanted £20 for a night on the town (yes it was that long ago) and I used a machine to get £20, but it only paid out a single £10. Oh bugg3r I thought, but I need £20, so I asked it for another £10 and this time two £10s came out.

So I didn't lose out, but being public spirited I told the bank about it next day, and got some asinine letter in response.

Comment

I once paid for petrol with my other halfs card. The guy checked my signiture and a quick glance at the signiture (totally different - before we got married) and gave it me back.

I have done the leaving the money sticking out the cash machine. £30

I have also filled up a cash machine when I was a student working in a bank. They had 2 machines (filled with 5's and 10's - it was a while ago) and between the 2 they would stack £300,000 into them. Not hard to see why the Halifax was being turned over by people driving fork lifts through the glass.

Comment

Why do they bother with the sight aids on the drive through cash machines? (IE the raised dimples on certain keys)!?!

Comment

Working...
              X