• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urban phenomenon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban phenomenon

I noticed today that the diet of pigeons is changing.

Normally their staple food is one day old dehydrated vomit washed down with spills from Bacardi Breezers, occasionally supplemented by bits of plastic containers for roughage.

Today I spotted about 10 of them eating seeds fallen from trees.

This is worrying. It can't be good for them. Maybe we should cut down the trees to stop the pigeons becoming malnourished?

What can I say??????0]

Comment

I like pigeons... I think I am the only one in this country who likes pigeon... I know every one thinks they are flying rats.. but I just can't get Mary Poppins' song of feed the birds, feed the birds lalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

Roger have you ever noticed the 'season of the purple birdsh!tes' ?

It happens at the end-ish of august when some trees start producing little purple berries

lok out for it you wont be sorry:lol

Comment

> I like pigeons... I think I am the only one in this country who likes pigeon

A regular stint of eating your sandwiches outside in central London will soon change your opinion.

Comment

? I think I am the only one in this country who likes pigeon...

Certainly not - my son likes them - he's had a freezer full at times.

Soon be rabbit season again though. I much prefer rabbit to pigeon - the problem with pigeon is you really need a shotgun to knock the buggers down which makes for the odd shot in your mouth. Rabbits are airgun headshot jobs so no nasty lead.

It's great living in the sticks

Comment

I like pidgeons too but would like them a lot better if they shut their beaks sometimes. Here in country they just drone on and on all summer.

Excuse for a story link so up yer bum dundeegeorge

PS We in the Pidgeons Against Pie and the Rabbit Liberation Front know who you are fiddle. Better check your car underneath each morning.

Comment

> Better check your car underneath each morning.

I use a trained gerbil for that already.

Comment

Excuse for a story link so up yer bum dundeegeorge

Mr Xog, I am hurt, nay wounded, nay distraught. I asked why you wrote your stories, it was a real question (although dressed up in mockery, just a habit, sorry). You never did answer my genuine question. Why do you write stories?

Comment

Pidgeons always seem so mild and innofensive, they jump if a sparrow lands too close. Doves more so, symbol of peace and all that.

We seem to have the world's only psychotic collared dove. There's a big magpie comes in our garden, if this dove sees it it's full on attack, like a @#%$ fight on the lawn, jumping about, beaks, claws and feathers flying, and the dove always wins. Magpie flies off first with dove in hot pursuit. Wierd.

Comment

Working...
                    X