• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

was spam - now how to count big numbers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was spam - now how to count big numbers

dick head spam pyramid scheme deleted

countdown......

Comment

Re: countdown......

Comment

7 ? 8o

Comment

Comment

Ryan, there is an old arabic? proverb about a wise man who did a favour for a nasty old King. King said thanks I'll give you a chest of gold as a reward. Wise man said no all I want is a grain of rice on the first square of a chess board, 2 on the second, 4 on the third etc.

Nasty old king laughed at his good fortune at only having to give up a few grains of rice and said fine. You know the story I guess.

Comment

I think it's a Chinese proverb. There wouldn't have been enough rice in the whole of China to cover the amount needed for the last square. How it would all have fitted on the square is another question...

Right, time for a

Comment

Please take me off your mailing list. Here's a dollar! I thank you.

Comment

roger rabbit & Mordac: Both wrong, it is Indian in origin.

Now pencil and paper time: what is the number of grains for the last square?

Oh, and if you manage to use a calculator to work it out, pray do tell which model. :rollin

Comment

1.84 e19?

Comment

Working...
                    X