• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Divorce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divorce

I figure this thread would eventually make it to light relief but on a serious note - I was called by my brother recently, his wife of 20 years has walked out on him & their 4 kids - ages 10 -15, taken a younger boyfriend and wants to divorce.
    Like most wimmin, with the passing of time she has become a fruit cake and early menopause has sent her over the edge.

I've not heard of many women who would walk out on their kids but this to me would seem to strengthen his position in any settlement re:assets

Has anyone experienced a similar situation or can give advice? the only thing I could suggest was he started to stash cash away where she could not get to it & possibly hire a hitman

Ta
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I figure this thread would eventually make it to light relief but on a serious note - I was called by my brother recently, his wife of 20 years has walked out on him & their 4 kids - ages 10 -15, taken a younger boyfriend and wants to divorce.
    Like most wimmin, with the passing of time she has become a fruit cake and early menopause has sent her over the edge.

I've not heard of many women who would walk out on their kids but this to me would seem to strengthen his position in any settlement re:assets

Has anyone experienced a similar situation or can give advice? the only thing I could suggest was he started to stash cash away where she could not get to it & possibly hire a hitman

Ta
    Funnily enough, my wife of 17 years said to me at the weekend "I don't love you any more, I think we should get a divorce". I put it down to hormones, and hope it goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      Funnily enough, my wife of 17 years said to me at the weekend "I don't love you any more, I think we should get a divorce". I put it down to hormones, and hope it goes away.
      Any kids involved?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Any kids involved?
        Two girls. 12 and 7.

Comment

Two girls. 12 and 7.
          bugger... I do feel for the kids, cant understand why she couldn't have waited until they were older

Comment

bugger. sorry mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock View Post
              bugger. sorry mate.
              I really did put it down to the fact that she was very drunk as well as it being that time of the month. The combination is lethal. So I'm not that worried about it, but thanks for the support.

Sorry Troll, I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I don't think your sister-in-law's actions can be defended. The kids must come first.

Comment

I though you were joking at first. Sorry to hear that Moose.
                Hope it is a short-sighted statement by her, and that she'll come round, or that she's at the beginning of feeling like this and something can be done.

Comment

Middle Class & wishy-washy as it sounds: Marriage Guidance - why not take a punt at it?

Comment

Sorry Troll, I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I don't think your sister-in-law's actions can be defended. The kids must come first.
                    No problem .. I am hearing of so many couples whose marriages are failing - I don't know if its because peoples expectations are wrong or something else.. this will be the first divorce in our family ( although she was already a divorcee) so it's a bit of a shock to us all & I've no real experience of what to advise the brother...

Comment

Working...
                    X