• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday fun - Best tense moment in a film

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday fun - Best tense moment in a film

Here's some ones I could think of.

Heat - Robert De Niro hears a noise from a truck full of cops staking him out. They've got him on night-vision and everyone waits to see what he does. Brilliant.

Aliens - Aliens inside the room (in the ceiling) and when the facehugger in the stasis tube slams into the glass trying to get Burke. More of a jump moment though I s'pose.

The Departed - Matt Damon phones Leonardo di CapriSun, both knowing the one on the other end is the mole in each camp, no one speaks. Amazing tension in the cinema, you could have heard a pin drop! Saw it on DVD the other day and it was just as brilliant.

Any other good ones, folks?

The standoff at the end of Reservoir Dogs.

Comment

Tents moment in a film - Barbara Windsor - Carry on Camping oooh matron
      (i'll get me coat)

Comment

The scene in Ramelle, just before the Germans arrive in Saving Private Ryan (the climax of the film so to say).

I remember being elated with the stories of his brothers and laughing like heck, and then when the rumbling of the German tanks begin … the build up was intense!
        "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

I really love the 'flying' bit in Titanic
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Goodfellas: Joe Pesci's "Funny? Funny how?" scene.

& any bit of the last hour of "Signs"- but I'm the only person who thinks that.

Comment

Guess the Jurassic Park bit with the water in the cups was also good, or near the end when the raptors ‘learn’ how to get into the kitchen ….
              "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

& of course there's the glass of water in Jurassic Park.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
                  Goodfellas: Joe Pesci's "Funny? Funny how?" scene.

& any bit of the last hour of "Signs"- but I'm the only person who thinks that.
                  Nope. Signs was ace. And underrated. And that last hour IS tense!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
                    & of course there's the glass of water in Jurassic Park.
                    And a puddle, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X