• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello from London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Just call em all love sweetheart or darling. Works for me though the blokes give me funny looks. A cheery "morning ladies" often draws a smile.
    "Bud" always works well for the blokes, particularly in a northern accent.

"Girls" works for either blokes or girlies, as long as they are in a group.

I'm meant to be working in London at the moment, but am stuck in sunny Slough for the time being...
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones
      Cool, I am in Theale!!!! Does that make 4 or 3?
      Maybe I already counted you. Did you mention it before? There's me, you, Hiram King Of Tyre and Let-Me-In as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
        Maybe I already counted you. Did you mention it before? There's me, you, Hiram King Of Tyre and Let-Me-In as far as I know.
        Does LMI count as "us" any more, since he's been banned a few times now?

Or is he back under a new name??
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
          Does LMI count as "us" any more, since he's been banned a few times now?

Or is he back under a new name??
          Sorry, I didn't know he'd been banned. So just 3 of us then.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
            Sorry, I didn't know he'd been banned. So just 3 of us then.

So just 3 of us in Theale...and it's only a small place...
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Theale... hmm.. when I think of Theale I see a sign with a stag on it.

Is that near that big wind turbine thingie you can see from the M4?
              It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin
                Theale... hmm.. when I think of Theale I see a sign with a stag on it.

Is that near that big wind turbine thingie you can see from the M4?
                That's near J11. Theale is J12, further West. The big stag probably represents Beale Park.

Comment

Oh yes that's it. I was searching for Beale zoo but nothing was coming up.

I followed your link and saw the lemur on the front page and thought 'aww, maybe I'll have to go visit'.. then the pic changed to the second image and thought... 'maybe not!'
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I followed your link and saw the lemur on the front page and thought 'aww, maybe I'll have to go visit'.. then the pic changed to the second image and thought... 'maybe not!'

Comment

Oh yes that's it. I was searching for Beale zoo but nothing was coming up.

They're all CUK members. SASGuru is on the banjo, Sally Anne on the accordion, and Scotspine on the sax. And El Duder on the clarinet.

Comment

Working...
                      X