• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then we can start singing songs about cornetto's again

Comment

What About Poor Hull?

Everyone has already forgotten about poor Hull. I think we need to all reflect on what Hull went through recently:

Abandoned cars, sofas and cookers strewn across people's front lawns, the ever-growing threat of looting... and then the floods hit.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
        Everyone has already forgotten about poor Hull. I think we need to all reflect on what Hull went through recently:

Abandoned cars, sofas and cookers strewn across people's front lawns, the ever-growing threat of looting... and then the floods hit.
        Just like Slough then, but without the floods.

Comment

Slough

Slough: I always think of the "Come friendly bombs..." Betjeman quote.

Speaking of bombs (what a lead-in), I remember my gran saying that the only bomb you had to worry about, during the Blitz, was the one with your name on it. This terrified her neighbours, Mr & Mrs Doodlebug.

And now a true tale:
          During the blazing hot summer of 1976, I remember my gran saying that the weather in England had never been the same since they dropped the bombs on Japan at the end of the War!
          Last edited by richard-af; 24 July 2007, 13:19. Reason: Thought of something else.

Comment

Working...
          X