• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Promoting ones website..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promoting ones website..

Hi

I want to promote my website. Someone recommend www.kellysearch.com/ which is a great free directory. I would also recommend:

www.splut.co.uk - really good
    www.freeindex.co.uk/ - requires recpiprocal links
    www.illumirate.com/ - need to pass a test to post links I passed - yipeeee

I was wondering if can recommend knows any other good FREE directories (with or without reciprocal linking).
    Many thanks
    Danny
    Wisteria

Why is this in light relief? There's no tits or jokes

Anyway, the answer is here.

info.vilesilencer.com/seo-friendly-list.xls
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

DMOZ - http://dmoz.org/ - is a human edited web directory and most of the major search engines take links from them and rank them highly (since they've been seen by a human and not just spidered)
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

The word is DMOZ hasn't been updated (in any large numbers) in years.

This means that the time it takes to get into DMOZ is many years. Worth applying, but I know several people that are still awaiting a review and entry into DMOZ since 2004.

Don't hold your breath.

Comment

Just make sure you have the phrase "test please delete" hidden at the bottom of the page. This will ensure you come top in most of the major search engines.

Comment

I use Hypersubmit, which is not free at £20 a year, but cheap nonetheless. The basic service gets you submitted to about 100 search engines and directories, not all top quality but including Yahoo, Google etc. It saves all that typing.
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
            X