• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rishi Sunak confirms IR35 reform is going ahead w/o any major changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/HmrconI/status/1231348668344696834

On a more positive note, he said he made sure HMRC won't act heavy-handed during the first year (whatever that means).
    Whether it's another dishonest promise remains to be seen.

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
    https://twitter.com/HmrconI/status/1231348668344696834

On a more positive note, he said he made sure HMRC won't act heavy-handed during the first year (whatever that means).
    Whether it's another dishonest promise remains to be seen.
    HMRC don't need to work heavy-handed in their first year - they have plenty of time to get their retrospective actions in.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hmmm. Most interesting part of that is the reference to not being "heavy handed" in the first year of implementation, which is contrary to the noises coming direct from HMRC.

What HMRC just told us about IR35 reform and why it’s worrying

We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Hmmm. Most interesting part of that is the reference to not being "heavy handed" in the first year of implementation, which is contrary to the noises coming direct from HMRC.

We'll see.
        you aren't as cynical as me.

One thing better for HMRC than asking for 700 contractors to be taken into account is HMRC asking for all 2000 contractors used by the end client over the last 3 years to be taken into account.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          you aren't as cynical as me.

One thing better for HMRC than asking for 700 contractors to be taken into account is HMRC asking for all 2000 contractors used by the end client over the last 3 years to be taken into account.
          No, I think I am roughly as cynical. I haven't heard any politicians talk about a go-slow on enforcement until then, so it's interesting from that POV; but, I also don't think politicians will be on top of the implementation of any such political guidance until it's way too late, so I doubt it will make much difference.

Comment

contracting has been good while it lasted
            see you guys in permie land

Comment

We'll see.
              I didn't see any questions being asked about retrospective claims, or did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by mondeoman View Post
                I didn't see any questions being asked about retrospective claims, or did I miss something?
                Neither did I. Did I miss something about your question?

Comment

Neither did I. Did I miss something about your question?
                  Nope, the question was quite clear. Thanks for your clarity also.

Comment

We'll see.
                    exactly why most here don't believe a word of anything that comes from HMRC (or the politicians).
                    hence, most of us ought to cover our arses by taking the least risk action..

Comment

Working...
                    X