• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should we be worried about retrospective claims?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    How many people stay with an agency when they move end client - I would be seriously surprised if it's as high as 1%...
    I did four agencies with the same client, does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I did four agencies with the same client, does that count?
      Depends on the definition of 'did'
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Looks like I will go permie with client - best option for me. Package not terrible.

Looking to minimise risk, so have asked for a written assurance that I will be moved from Project A in BU 1 to Project B in BU 2, before I will sign proffered employment contract.

In theory they could just leave me on Project A once I sign employment contract, assurances or no. I suppose I could just leave if that happened.

Hoping that this written assurance will have some value if the GSK incident from last year is scaled up. Not convinced tho. I suspect our dear friends at HMRC would ignore it and focus on facts rather than intentions.

As is most of this, would be an interesting thought experiment if it didn't mess with my life so heavily.

Will not be staying with client in the same role / project as I think that's asking for trouble.

Have already worded up Project A business sponsor to the situation. They offered an "overpaid" permie role which was nice, but not so overpaid that it was worth the risk imho. I will go with less well paid on Project B.

Comment

Working...
        X