• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are there penalties if operating a legal PAYE scheme, no divs.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there penalties if operating a legal PAYE scheme, no divs.

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are penalties for either side, if the decision is outside IR35 and later decided to be inside IR35, when the contractor has operated a legal PAYE scheme, with no dividends?

I've operated a part time contract for around 4 years. Over this time I've had minimal expenses, insurance, accountants, bank charges etc. I've paid a minimum wage and using a Salary Sacrifice put the remainder directly from my company into a SIPP.

So up to April 2020 it hasn't mattered whether I was inside or outside IR35, as all companies can use Salary Sacrifice.

If I am deemed to be inside IR35 I can no longer do this.

Is there any risk for the client in deciding I'm outside IR35, provided I continue using Salary Sacrifice?

Regards

John

Working...
X